cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while deploying in Visual Admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I'm having an error while I do my application deployment via Visual Admin. I realized afterI login to Visual Admin then I press Services>Deploy, it will printed a stack of error of java.lang.NullPointerException. I screenshot for better reference.

[Click Here|http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3205/errorq.gif]

It showed error on com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4/MarshalInputStream.setProfile. Any cause of this or solution as now I can't deploy my application.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Adrian,

The fix is in versions later that 7.0 SP15. To solve the error you have to upgrade the J2EE engine to a version higher than SP15. I also found note 1325234 that deals with this exact error, so if you cannot now upgrade to a version higher that SP15 you can apply the fix the note contains.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Blanca for a very helpful advice.

Will fix this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blanca,

I just checked the server and the version is SP13. But before I request for an upgrade I need to justify also.

I checked out the note 1325234 and follow what it asked. Is correct as I unable to see any entries after I clicked All Application. But in my defaultTrace log didn't print out the error message.

I only will see the message when I go to Visual Admin>Server>Services>Deploy and it will print as I showed in the screenshot. Just want to double confirm for the error.

Thanks.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You are welcome

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Adrian,

Yes, the error is the same although it cannot be seen in the server defaulttrace. In SP 13 version the issue in the code of the P4 J2EE service is there so the solution is to upgrade to a version where this is corrected. So, the upgrade is justified.

I hope this answer also helps you.

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blanca,

Noted and thanks for your advice.

Regards,

adrian

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Adrian,

What is the java system version you are using? The problem you are facing with the deploy service (NullPointerException) is a known one and it is fixed in the later releases.

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see. I'm using SAP NW 7.0 SP 15.

You mean NW 7.1 and later already fixed this error.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried deploying your software using SDM instead of VA?

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tested with SDM. It able to deploy my EAR file.

But still wondering why it have problem with VA. Some components cannot load during deployment?

Thanks.