cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatcher running, but no server connected!!!! (Anybody out there)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Installed XI 3.0 {ABAP –SP3, J2EE –SP6, XI -SP3 (Stack 03)}

But when we try to logon to XI or SLD, we are getting the following error on our

browser.

“<b>Dispatcher running but no server connected</b>

<b>Details:</b> No Details available”

But after sometime we are able to connect to server. But this connection and disconnection is frequent and recurrent.

Please help us in this regard.

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I read this threat and realized that other people have a problem similar as mine.

Now follows another case:

I installed an Netweaver 7.0 SR3 ABAP+JAVA AS on Windows 2003 and Oracle 10.2.0.4. This was problemless done.

I could log on to both parts.

Following the InstGuide I want to reconnect the Java-Part to the copied Client. Default was 001, I want to change to 070.

After Client Copy in the ABAP part I want to reconnect the Java Part: #937323 => looks simple

The last step was restart the application server.

After this action in the SAPMMC disp+work.EXE achieves only the yellow state: J2EE: Some processes running

in the Log: dev_Jcontrol I get the following content:

JControlStartJLaunch: program = H:\usr\sap\E15\DVEBMGS00\exe\jlaunch.exe

-> arg[00] = H:\usr\sap\E15\DVEBMGS00\exe\jlaunch.exe

-> arg[01] = pf=H:\usr\sap\E15\SYS\profile\E15_DVEBMGS00_w7sap96

-> arg[02] = -DSAPINFO=E15_00_sdm

-> arg[03] = -nodeId=2

-> arg[04] = -file=H:\usr\sap\E15\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program\config\sdm_jstartup.properties

-> arg[05] = -syncSem=JSTARTUP_WAIT_ON_6672

-> arg[06] = -nodeName=sdm

-> arg[07] = -jvmOutFile=H:\usr\sap\E15\DVEBMGS00\work\jvm_sdm.out

-> arg[08] = -stdOutFile=H:\usr\sap\E15\DVEBMGS00\work\std_sdm.out

-> arg[09] = -locOutFile=H:\usr\sap\E15\DVEBMGS00\work\dev_sdm

-> arg[10] = -mode=JCONTROL

-> arg[11] = pf=H:\usr\sap\E15\SYS\profile\E15_DVEBMGS00_w7sap96

-> arg[12] = -DSAPSTART=1

-> arg[13] = -DCONNECT_PORT=3769

-> arg[14] = -DSAPSYSTEM=00

-> arg[15] = -DSAPSYSTEMNAME=E15

-> arg[16] = -DSAPMYNAME=w7sap96_E15_00

-> arg[17] = -DSAPPROFILE=H:\usr\sap\E15\SYS\profile\E15_DVEBMGS00_w7sap96

-> arg[18] = -DFRFC_FALLBACK=ON

-> arg[19] = -DFRFC_FALLBACK_HOST=localhost

-> lib path = PATH=C:\JAVA\j2sdk1.4.2_14-x64
jre\bin\server;C:\JAVA\j2sdk1.4.2_14-x64
jre\bin;d:\oracle\E15\102\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\;C:\Perl64\site\bin;C:\Perl64\bin;C:\Program Files\HP\NCU;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\sysWOW64;C:\JAVA\j2sdk1.4.2_14-x64\bin;C:\JAVA\j2sdk1.4.2_14-32bit\bin;D:\oracle\E15\102\OPatch;H:\usr\sap\E15\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64;H:\usr\sap\E15\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64

-> exe path = PATH=C:\JAVA\j2sdk1.4.2_14-x64
bin;H:\usr\sap\E15\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\os_libs;d:\oracle\E15\102\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\;C:\Perl64\site\bin;C:\Perl64\bin;C:\Program Files\HP\NCU;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\sysWOW64;C:\JAVA\j2sdk1.4.2_14-x64\bin;C:\JAVA\j2sdk1.4.2_14-32bit\bin;D:\oracle\E15\102\OPatch;H:\usr\sap\E15\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64;H:\usr\sap\E15\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64

[Thr 5296] JControlICheckProcessList: process SDM started (PID:7968)

[Thr 5296] JControlMSSendLogon: delete SDM logon information (rc=0)

[Thr 5296] Wed Oct 08 14:08:50 2008

[Thr 5296] JControlMSSendLogon: insert SDM logon information (port=50018; rc=0)

[Thr 5296] Wed Oct 08 14:09:00 2008

[Thr 5296] JControlICheckProcessList: process server0 (pid:6044) died (RUN-FLAG)

[Thr 5296] JControlIResetProcess: reset process server0

[Thr 5296] JControlIResetProcess: [server0] not running -> increase error count (1)

[Thr 5296] JControlICheckProcessList: running flight recorder:

C:\JAVA\j2sdk1.4.2_14-x64
bin\java -classpath ../j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/sap.comtcbloffline_launcherimpl.jar com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.engine.flightrecorder.core.Collector ../j2ee/cluster/bootstrap -node ID3052650 1223467725 -bz H:\usr\sap\E15\SYS\global

All applicable recommendations I found in this threat werre done, but nothing hels.

So please help me!

Thanks a lot,

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am trying to start the web application under the sun cluster I see the following messages. And the web application resource doesn't start.

Jun 26 18:42:22 cnuspp05 SC[SUNW.sapwebas:4,ps1-sap-rg,ps1-was,webas_svc_start]: [ID 805735 daemon.error] Failed to connect

to the host <lnuspp05> and port <50000>.

But if I manually start the web application it starts but if from the browser I try to do:

http://lnuspp05:50000 it doesn't give me the page as well.

Anybody help me please?

Regards,

Mohammad Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi we are also facing similar problem.

Dispatcher running, but no server connected.. disp+work is Yellow and Server0 is not coming up.

tried changing the same parameter i.e., In Config tool changed the J2EE paramter value of XX:MaxPermSize from 256M to 192M .. but still same error.

Error : Status of Server0 is Stopped and Exit code is -11113

Any suggestions ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I am facing the same problem

can u please tell me how did u solve the problem

RGds

aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

I am facing the same problem. I reckon we need to run the latest XI patches for this. I have tried everyting like changing the heap size, permsize etc on the J2ee engine, but nothing seems to help. Did you solve your problem at all? If so, please let me know how did you do it. By the way, is your runtime workbench working ok? I mean if it is displaying all tabs etc ok?

Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

This problem is generally bcoz few of the services are not running. You can go to Operating System

START->All Programs->Administration->Services.

From there you can run those disabled services.

Those services are generally of Database services For Exapmle in case of mine it was Oracle Related Services.

You can try this it might solve your problem....

Have a nice time ahead

Regards

Mithlesh Kumar Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

After i am tracing, i reliase that the SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager. But dont know why it happen? Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Hope anyone can help. I dont know what will cause this problem?

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:21 AM at com.sap.portal.prt.bridge.service.managers.PRTBridgeCommunicationManager.getAllIdsWhitoutHimself(PRTBridgeCommunicationManager.java:320)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:21 AM at com.sap.portal.prt.bridge.service.managers.PRTBridgeCommunicationManager.broadCastMessage(PRTBridgeCommunicationManager.java:305)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:21 AM at com.sap.portal.prt.bridge.service.PRTBridgeServiceFrame.stop(PRTBridgeServiceFrame.java:376)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:21 AM at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceStopper.run(ServiceStopper.java:31)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:21 AM at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:60)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:21 AM at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:73)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:21 AM at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:145)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:25 AM java.lang.ThreadDeath

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:25 AM at java.lang.Thread.stop(Thread.java:630)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:25 AM at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.ThreadManagerImpl.shutDown(ThreadManagerImpl.java:130)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:25 AM at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.shutAllDown(Framework.java:209)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:25 AM at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.shutDown(Framework.java:270)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:25 AM at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.shutDown(Framework.java:256)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:25 AM at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:25 AM at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:25 AM at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:25 AM at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:25 AM at com.sap.engine.boot.FrameThread.shutdown(FrameThread.java:99)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:25 AM at com.sap.engine.boot.StartFrame.shutdown(StartFrame.java:148)

Jan 6, 2006 8:20:25 AM at com.sap.engine.boot.Start$1.run(Start.java:42)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Atlast I could see the home page (http://localhost:50000)

Using transaction SICF I deactivated spi_gate,icman

services and then again I reactivated them.Then I restarted the machine and I was able to connect to j2ee engine thru browser.

But still the problem of Repository is there...

When I click on Integration Builder Design..I am getting

<b>Preparing Java(TM) Web Start Applications</b> for long time.

generally this doesn't take much time...but now even

after long time ..we are not able to see Builder

(Design)...but we are able to see Builder(Configuration)

plz help

Sudhir

0 Kudos

Ok,

So open the administration link on the xi start page.

Check the repository tab and click on

->java web start administration.

Here you can check first the status of the initalization and the resource status... and then try to

re-initalize or delete re-initalize lock !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Just out of curiousity, what version of Java Web Start are you using ??

Zubair

Message was edited by: Zubair

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey peter,

In the j2e console_logs I get the following error too...

java.lang.ThreadDeath

at java.lang.Thread.stop(Thread.java:630)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ThreadManagerImpl.shutDown(ThreadManagerImpl.java:150)

at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.shutAllDown(Framework.java:161)

at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.shutDown(Framework.java:210)

at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.shutDown(Framework.java:200)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.boot.FrameThread.shutdown(FrameThread.java:81)

at com.sap.engine.boot.StartFrame.shutdown(StartFrame.java:232)

at com.sap.engine.boot.Start$1.run(Start.java:38)

plz help

sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi peter,

I just checked telnet 50000....

It says

Connecting To 50000...Could not open a connection to host on port 23 : Connect failed

what can I do now??

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked taskmanager too.required jlaunch processes are there.

MMC is working fine...all processes are running (green status)

I am able to connect to ABAP engine using saplogon...

But WHY am I not able to connect to server through browser??? why it shows PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED after one restart of machine

plz help

Sudhir

0 Kudos

Check if,

"someone" is really listening on port 50000 (telnet host 50000) - no connection failure should occur

Can you login with the visual admin tool or does it fail,too??

Are there any messages or errors in the console_log of the j2ee ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We cleared web start cache and restarted the machine...

Now we are facing strange problem...now even the home page is not coming up...when we are using url

http://localhost:50000

It says Page cannot be displayed.

We tried hell a lot of times...<b>MMC is running absolutely fine</b>

Please help us in this regard,

Sudhir

0 Kudos

first check in the taskmgr of the machine that 3 jlaunch.exe processes are running.

if not, maybe somethingis corrupt within your j2ee.

1) try to restart the j2ee (SMICM)

2) check the instance profile parameters (see OSS 741289)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Peter and Ivanov,

When I changed configtool settings i am able to connect to

http://localhost:50000

I am able to logon to Integration Builder (Configuration),

But When I am trying to logon to Repository, it says

<b>Preparing Java Webstart(TM) Applications.</b>

It's been over an hour but still repository is not coming up.generally it doesn't take this much time right...do i need to change any other settings...

JDK version tht i am using is 1.4.2_05

kindly help

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

this is normal behavior of the J2EE Engine. The reason for this is the startup sequence of the J2EE Engine components. Usually, the J2EE dispatcher is much more lightweight components and is therefore started much faster than the server process(es).

The J2EE Engine server process contain more services, libraries, etc., as well as applications and therefore the startup needs more time.

When a server process is started, it registers to the J2EE Dispatcher load balancing framework. The reason you get this message is that at that time the J2EE Dispatcher was started (hence, listening ports were opened and you're able to connect) but no servers were registered for load balancing. After giving it some more time to start server process, you're then able to execute your requests in the browser.

To avoid this happening from now on, always keep an eye on the startup state of the J2EE Egnine processes in the SAP Management console. You need to request the server after all the processes in the Process Table have the status "<b>Running</b>".

Best regards,

Ivo

0 Kudos

Hello,

sometimes this can happen when your J2EE crashes with a out of memory error. See the console_logs inside the j2ee directory.

To prevent this you should raise or add the follwing J2EE Parameter in the ConfigTool (section J2EE Parameters):

-XX:MaxPermSize=192M

I got this tip from SAP Support, and I works really fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

We are facing out of memory exception and server restart afterthat. I checked the parameter -XX:MaxPermSize. Its is -XX:MaxPermSize=256M.

Can you please tell what was was earlier value i.e. before making it 192M on SAP Support suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Pallav Gupta