cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC 5.3 SP13: Any comments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are evaluating to go for SP13 due to some issues fixed on that (i.e: roles deletion within ERM, full user sync in RAR etc) but we would like to find out if there is any real experience on that.

I know it was release one week ago but may be there is already somne experiences..

Many thanks in advance. Best regards,

Imanol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (37)

Answers (37)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

Has anyone seen any issues with UARS in CUP SP13.1, ERM SP13.2?

We are having issues with the testing. The UARs that worked perfectly in SP11.1, no longer flow from ERM to CUP.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

I would really say they should be both at the same patch level.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

Our issue for the UARs was solved with the following:

- CUP Config Service Level was set to a past date

Once I set it to a future date, everything worked fine.

-john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone working on RAR SP13 Patch 2? Any feedback on that version?

Really appreciate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another issue in SP13.

after rule files upload, permission level rules not generated......

discussed in another thread.... so thought should complie here.

SAP note- 1168120 which says this issue has been resolved in Patch 2 of SP13

Moderators can we have this thread on top......

Regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can also confirm that after installing CUP patch 1 and RAR patch 2 the mitigation control creation and assignment webservices in CUP are now functional.

One thing we did notice after installing the SP13 patch 1 for CUP, is that CUP now displays the mitigating control long description field whereas it has always previously displayed the mitigating control short description field when searching for & assigning a mitigating control. Did others see this same change?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone installed and tested the CUP 13.1 Hot Fix? Does it solve the mitigation webservice issue?

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, John, we installed it and the problem is solved. Mitigations from CUP work.

(we installed RAR SP13 patch 2 at the same time)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Daniela! We really appreciate it.

-john

s_pados
Explorer
0 Kudos

We just started testing SP13 fix 1 and already have found 3 more new issues in CUP and 1 which was there in SP12 from reading the forum:

1) When using Org Rule Risk Analysis in CUP, the risk analysis will always show 0 risks found even though simulaiton in RAR will show risks. When a user already exists on the backend then from the risk result screen in CUP using Simulate it will give the risks as expected. For new user requests the result will always be 0 risks found.

2) Even when risk analysis is set to mandatory approvers can directly approve requests without being show the Risk Analysis Mandatory message to force approver to execute risk analysis.

3) In the CUP user request form the Functional Area field is blanked out again after searching and selecting an user ID. Requestors need to fill in the information again after user selection.

As of SP12 it seems to be mandatory to have the company data in SUCOMP on the backend same as in the CUP requests, otherwise you get error message in CUP.

Let us know if you have found more issues. Fot the above we have raised messages to SAP.

Regards,

Stefan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All!

Please let us know if the CUP 13.1 Hot Fix solves the mitigation webservice issue. We will not be able to address it this month at my client, but would like to know if it will allow us to go forward.

Thanks in advance!

-john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

Regarding the Mitigation WS error:

GRC Development agreed to have an update for me on this issue this week.

Keep you posted.

-john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, John, curiously waiting for the reply.

My message regarding the same issue is still evaluated by SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just now I got a message from SAP, stating that SAP development team identified the issue and targeting to fix this issue in CUP 5.3 SP13 patch1 which is planned for 10/22/2010.

Let's hope it will resolve our issues.

Thanks,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

Regarding the Mitigation WS error:

I am pushing SAP Support for a hotfix in the meantime. Waiting till Dec 10, 2010 for a fix is not an acceptable solution.

Keep you posted.

-john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

Regarding the AE Request Mitigation Error:

X Mitigating control creation failed: Exception in communicating with the web service : Service call exception; nested exception is: java.rmi.RemoteException: The host of endpoint URL "http://SERVER:PORT/VirsaCCMitigation5_0Service/Config1?wsdl&style=document" was not found. Check if the WS Client is configured correctly. Probably endpoint URL is not set or use of HTTP Proxy is required.; nested exception is: java.net.UnknownHostException: proxy

SAP Support has provided us with a workaround:

"...yesterday afternoon we found a workaround that

we tried on my system and it resolved the issue for me:

Go to Mitigation > Mitigation URI > and change the host name to

the IP address of the GRC system. If you use HTTPS there may be

additional issues,..."

We are currently testing this workaround and I will update this forum when our testing is complete.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I got the same reply, but still get the error - now with the IP address in the message instead of the host name.

Please let us know if it worked for you.

Thanks,

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniela,

Yes, we did. We are continuing with SAP Support and trying to review all settings.

-john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniela,

Latest from SAP Support regarding the AE Request Mitigation Error:

"...I will be sending the analysis results to the support developers. The next update you receive will be from them...."

It might be a while.

I will keep you posted.

-john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update on the Mitigation WS error:

The GRC Development Team has identified this as a bug and the fix has

been targeted for the next support pack for GRC-SAE 5.3 SP14

and other relevant versions. The tentative release date of the

mentioned Support Pack is in the 2nd week of December 2010

That will be long wait...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for you to know and avoid "surprises" in CP13 I would like to share a response from an OSS Message where we asked why management report date shown in the header frame fo the informer tab was not updated after running management report.

The functionality of the summary date changed in the later supportpackages. It now will only show the last date when a violation occured.

Hope it helps. Kind regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imanol,

This is the Mitigation Error from CUP we get:

X Mitigating control creation failed: Exception in communicating with the web service : Service call exception; nested exception is: java.rmi.RemoteException: The host of endpoint URL "http://[SERVER]:[PORT]/VirsaCCMitigation5_0Service/Config1?wsdl&style=document" was not found. Check if the WS Client is configured correctly. Probably endpoint URL is not set or use of HTTP Proxy is required.; nested exception is: java.net.UnknownHostException: proxy

Are you still getting this error in CUP after you applied the SP13, patch 1 for RAR?

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have applied RAR SP13 Patch1 and:

- creation of the mitigating control still returns the same error as you describe, John

- trying to assign an existing mitigating control simply gives "Action failed" - but in the log file the same error as for creating

SAP note also lists the following fixes, nothing about mitigation:

The following issues have been resolved in Support Package 13 Patch 1:

• Objects which were inactive in ERM application were considered for Risk Analysis.

• Performance impact when Org Rule Analysis is performed in CUP.

• RAR Risk Analysis webservice timing out in SP13.

For us, the patch did not really fix anything.

Could anyone solve the mitigation issue? Any other changes needed beside implementing the patch itself?

Thanks,

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have applied RAR SP13 Patch 1 and either from ERM or CUP when trying to retrieve Mitigation Control information, an error message is shown.

Is this the mitigation issue you are refering to?

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniela,

Please let us know if the patch solves the mitigation webservice issue ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

-john

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Regarding the AE Mitigation Error, I have recieved the following response from SAP Support as their "Proposed Solution":

"This has been resolved in SP13.1, but the SAP note has not been

updated to reflect this particular error.

Can you apply the RAR package only for 13.1 and close this message

when you have retested? There are two other critical issues resolved

in 13.1 where risk analysis will fail with a web service error and it's

related to all web services."

-john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John & Imanol.

The SAP note for Webservice performance does not solve the mitigation issue, so we will patch today.

I have encountered another problem in CUP:

in Config -> Roles -> Role selection I have set "Superuser Access as Roles" to Yes for testing.

When I try to switch back to No and save, I get an error "Failed to save..."

This will remove several checkboxes and not reset the Superuser Access setting to No.

Did anyone encounter this issue as well?

Thanks

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniela,

Even we are facing the same issue in CUP. Have you got any solution? with this below error, I'm unable to create any SUPER USER ACCESS request in CUP and also I'm not able to see Super user Access under drop down in request under MY Work while creating a request?

in Config -> Roles -> Role selection I have set "Superuser Access as Roles" to Yes for testing.

This will remove several checkboxes and not reset the Superuser Access setting to No.

Did anyone encounter this issue as well?

Please let us know if you got the solution and I'll do the same, if i got any resoponse from SAP (i've opened a ticket with SAP).

Thanks

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohan,

this is NOT AN OFFICIAL WAY but this should work:

- ask your database admin to delete the PARAM="149" entry from VIRSA_AE_ERMCONFIG table

- import the AE_init_append_data.xml file again in Config -> Initial System Data

- restart the system

Please do that at your own risk.

I opened a message for this but have no reply from SAP yet.

Regards

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniela,

The above error got resolved and solution is as follows:

The issue is due to the new functionality in sp13. From SP13 onwards, you can create a super user access request as new and change request also with super user access as roles.

By default this option is yes and hence you could not able to see the super user request type. See the last option in the screen u201Cmodel super user access as rolesu201D

If you want the super user access request type, then change that option to No.

But if you change the option to No now, it is changing the values for the other options above in that screen. SAP development team is looking into that error already.

So the work around is, CUP>Config>Roles> Role Selection

1. take the screenshot of the present option.

2. change the model superuser access as roles option to NO. It will change the other option values.

3. then change the other options above the screen to the earlier options, like this

a) Role Selection>Approvers>Check Allow all roles

b)Role Selection>Access Requestors>Check Allow all roles

c)Transaction selection>Check New request and Change Request

d) Role comments > optional

e) Roles with no approvers -> I have checked it in our case

4.save it.

5.refresh the cache in configuration->misecelleneous.

6.you can see the request type now.

Thanks and I hope it helps!!!

Thanks,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either moving to SP13 Patch 1 or applies SAP Note 1508611 - RAR Risk Analysis Web Service Performance work around.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any of you is using ERM under SP13?

We are experiencing a very strange behaviour in the system.

For new roles created, when we search for them, select any of them and click on bottom modfiy, we get the initial screen for creating a new rol with an error message at the top instead of the screen with the data of the role selected to modify it.

Has anyone of you experiencing this in ERM SP13?

Thanks in advance. Kind regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any of you is using ERM under SP13?

We are experiencing a very strange behaviour in the system.

For new roles created, when we search for them, select any of them and click on bottom modfiy, we get the initial screen for creating a new rol with an error message at the top instead of the screen with the data of the role selected to modify it.

Has anyone of you experiencing this in ERM SP13?

Thanks in advance. Kind regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding "advanced view in the risk analysis on a request ", I believe you will need Risk Analysis Risks found in different systems on the same requests. At this time, we cannot test that.

-john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding "advanced view in the risk analysis on a request ", we have the same issue. All we get is blank with both web services.

-john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vit & Imanol for pointing me to the patch 1 - I was just looking under the general AC section not the VIRSA CC area. I appreciate the help.

In CUP has anyone got the new advanced view in the risk analysis on a request working? This is the new feature that should let you see permission level detail of a risk violation in CUP.

When we click the advanced view button, it just gives us a pop-up window with no information. We've tested it with both the original Risk Analysis web service and the new risk analysis v1 web service that was released.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patch 1 for SP13 can be found under Downloads > Support Packages and Patches within the SAP Marketplace.

Vit, what about role import? Is it loading all files properly?

We are having the issue for the mitigation call web service from ERM to RAR

We have reported to SAP the issue with the XML files and the mitigation also.

Let's keep updated.

Many thanks to you all for sharing all these useful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imanol,

I did a fast test with mass import. Both singel and derived. Long descriptions where uploaded properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We've been testing SP13 here the last week or so and I can confirm we are also experiencing the issues that most have raised in the thread.

In regards to the risk analysis timeout, note: 0001508611 does solve this issue. It recommends inserting a config setting directly into the VIRSA_CC_CONFIG table at the database level for the new "Store Web Service..." config parameter in RAR. Trying to maintain this configuration option through the application front-end was not possible for us either.

Several have mentioned this parameter setting is fixed with SP13 patch 1 ? Looking in the service marketplace download area I did not see a patch 1 for SP13. Where can I locate SP13 with patch 1?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The mitigation webservice falls under RAR, so youll find the patch under the RAR component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After applying SP13 last week we are unable to see the error messages for ERM.

We have followed the required steps to upload XML files but still, the red brackets are shown instead.

Any tip on fixing this?

Thanks for all. Kind regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imanol,

It seems that the clean and insert option only work half way. It deletes the table content, but does not insert anything.

I used the append option to upload the RE_init_clean_insert_data to poulate the empty tables. It's not kosher and SAP would probably not recommend it. You do it at your own risk. For me ERM works perfectly now (except mitigaiton service calls).

Cheers,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP note 1168508 under SP13 section it is said that:

"If a request has multiple firefighter ID's on it with different approvers, if any approver approves, all firefighter ID's are assigned. With this support pack, new configuration has been added to treat firefight ID's like roles so approval happens like roles."

Have any of you tested this? We have run some tests and still the whole provisioning (for all FF ID) is taken effect as soon as one owner approves the request.

Note that in the stage definition we have set "Any approver", approval based on "Role" and CAD is selected as "Super Access Owner".

Any input would be appreciated.

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your update Benjamin.

I feel a bit (just a bit) more relax listening that I am not the only one.

I will keep updating this post if new issues are identified in our tests.

Thanks for all. Regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imanol,

regarding your post:

"These are:

1) Use Net Weaver Logical Lock Yes/No?

2) Store WebService Input/Output parameters objects in database Yes/No?

We set their values to YES and NO as suggested in the description.

The weird thing is that from time to time these values get automatically cleared. We set them again and after some time they get cleared again.

Note that J2EE server was restarted after these parameters were set.

Has anyone noticed this in their systems? Answers will be appreciated."

we are also experiencing this.

I have set the parameters (Server has not been restarted yet because some other guys are doing testing on it right now).

After a while the configuration for those two options is empty again.

I am suspecting it has also somethin to do with the BrowserSessions (Change the parameters, log out of RAR, close all Browser windows, login again an check parameters)

Regarding post:

"Another issue identified is that when running background processes in RAR (i.e: sync, risk analysis, management reports etc) job status shows error instead of running. I don't know if any of you is having this also."

Yes, we are also experiencing this. There's lots of null-pointer execptions in the log and the job shows as "Error". After it has finished it will show as "Completed" in our installation.

Regards,

Benjamin

Edited by: Benjamin Schlotz on Sep 22, 2010 5:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imanol,

I even noticed the same issue when i applied SP13. It looks like a bug in SP13

Yesterday, I applied latest SP13 patch 1 and now i can able to save those performance tuning values.

Thanks,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

After upgrading to SP13 there are two new parameters in RAR under Configuration > Risk Analysys > Performance Tuning.

These are:

1) Use Net Weaver Logical Lock Yes/No?

2) Store WebService Input/Output parameters objects in database Yes/No?

We set their values to YES and NO as suggested in the description.

The weird thing is that from time to time these values get automatically cleared. We set them again and after some time they get cleared again.

Note that J2EE server was restarted after these parameters were set.

Has anyone noticed this in their systems? Answers will be appreciated.

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are experiencing the same issue Vit describes when calling the mitigation web service from ERM.

We are opening an OSS Message also.

Another issue identified is that when running background processes in RAR (i.e: sync, risk analysis, management reports etc) job status shows error instead of running. I don't know if any of you is having this also.

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imanol,

Confirming also same issues in RAR and ERM.

Cheers,

Vit

Edited by: Vit Vesely on Sep 22, 2010 3:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having problem with the VirsaCCMitigation5_0Service when I'm trying to mitigate a risk or creating a mitigation control in CUP.

The error message is:

Mitigating control creation failed: Exception in communicating with the web service : Service call exception; nested exception is: java.rmi.RemoteException: The host of endpoint URL "http://xxxx.corp:xxxx/VirsaCCMitigation5_0Service/Config1?wsdl&style=document" was not found. Check if the WS Client is configured correctly. Probably endpoint URL is not set or use of HTTP Proxy is required.; nested exception is: java.net.UnknownHostException: proxy

I masked the URL, but the real one is working. Any one else having this problem?

A message is sent to grc dev support.

regards,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vit,

We are experiencing the same issue about URL "http://xxxx.corp:xxxx/VirsaCCMitigation5_0Service/Config1?wsdl&style=document" was not found in CUP.

When trying to use existing mitigation, "Action Failed" appears and if you look at the CUP log it says

" Mitigating control creation failed: Exception in communicating with the web service : Service call exception; nested exception is: java.rmi.RemoteException: The host of endpoint URL "http://grcdev01.sap.goodrich.com:52300/VirsaCCMitigation5_0Service/Config1?wsdl&style=document" was not found. Check if the WS Client is configured correctly. Probably endpoint URL is not set or use of HTTP Proxy is required.; nested exception is: java.net.UnknownHostException: proxy"

This is the same message that appears in the window when trying to save a "new" mititgation.

We have not opened an SAP message yet, I wanted to ask our Basis team about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did anyone already receive a feedback on the Mitigation web service issue from CUP?

What did SAP reply to this?

Thanks in advance,

Daniela