cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: switch back project implementation phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

is it possible for an implementation project to switch back the phase (for example from test to development or from golive to Emergency Correction)? Which are the contraindications?

Regards,

Bob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

as said previously you can definitely do that. hope eveything is clear for you !

Do not hesitate in case of more doubts ...

Regards

Khalil

former_member186078
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

I have a question. We are on 7.1 Solution manager. Accidentally, the project cycle phase has been changed to Being Completed. Now, I need to revert back the status to previous phase till the "In Development with Release". Is it possible? If so, can you please let me know how we can do that?

Thanks in Advance..

Regards,

Adithya K

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

What was the reason behind changing the phase all the way back to Dev with Release?

If it's critical or emergency situation, you can use Urgent Corrections.

P.S: You bumped into a thread which is almost 3 years old ! Kudos

Regards,

Vivek

former_member186078
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the reply. Just an FYI, we are not into the production yet in Solution manager with CharM.  We are playing with it in our development box and performing various test scenarios. This is one scenario, where we are testing. So, I was not sure how to handle this kind of scenario.

Appreciate if you can give your inputs.

Thanks,

Adithya K

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In 7.1 system you can switch back your phases via cycle transactions.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bob

if that happens that would mean that

- either your roll-out was supposed to be done in more than one shot and in this case normally you should have had 2 implementation projects

- either your roll-out was supposed to be done in one and only shot and the project did nt go as expected so you decided to postpone a part of the Transport Requests

What you read is correct though.

PS: for maintenance cycles of Solman; when you close a cycle that has left over open Transport requests, they ll automatically be assigned to the next maintenance cycle of the same maintenance Solman Project .

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

thak you. For the maintenance Solman project is correct what you said, but our necessity is for an implementation project. So we can switch back the phase of th tasklist.

Regards,

Giuseppe

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

- technically nothing is blocking you from that

- functionally: you should just pay attention to what have been done in last phase before switching. As long as transport requests sequence is respected during import (meaning you use ChaRM for imports) there should nt be any contraindication

be aware that by checking table /tmwflow/tpphmac for phase model 'devrl' (that corresponds to implementation project) you ll know what is exactely allowed in each phase of your project type.

SAP Would not recommend changing values in this table though

Regards

Khalil

Edited by: Khalil SERRHINI on Sep 7, 2010 11:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

I have read from some articles that when the tasklist is in the Go-Live phase then the entire project buffer imports into the production system during this phase. Transport requests cannot be released during this phase. If there are still any open transport requests, you have to return to the Development with Release phase and repeat the process, including the Test phase, to ensure that any open requests can be released and transported.

Is that correct in your opinion?

Best Regards,

Bob