cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of measurement conversion from R/3 to GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are maintaining materials in sales order in "kg" in R/3. In customs export declaration in GTS, there is a "packaging data" tab. Under this tab, there is " packages" tab. In this packages tab, there are three fields, package type, packages and package number.

my questions are :-

1) we want to add unit of measurement " VY" to the list of package type under packaging tab. How to add the same in GTS ?? VY stands for "Bulk, solid, fine part ("powders") "

what are the settings to be done in R/3 and GTS (including config paths)

2) We want automatic conversion of KG in R/3 to VY in GTS. How can we do automatic conversion from KG to VY in GTS ?

i.e if we are exporting 5000 kg of material from R/3, the system should be able to declare this as 5000VY in GTS under packaging tab i.e. VY in Package type and 5000 in packages

Pls reply pointwise.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please find my answers below:

) we want to add unit of measurement " VY" to the list of package type under packaging tab. How to add the same in GTS ?? VY stands for "Bulk, solid, fine part ("powders") "

-> In GTS you need to Add your package type "VY" to the customs code list accordingly to the legal regulation (in Germany e.g. ATLAS). Therefore go to IMG-> SAP Global Trade Services -> SAP Customs Management -> Genereal Settings -> Customs Code List-> Maintain Customs Code List for Legal Regulation

Chosse Code List PGETY - Packate Type an Add your "VY" - for the german legal reg, VY is already there.

-> In GTS go to

IMG-> SAP Global Trade Services -> SAP Customs Management -> Genereal Settings -> Customs Code List-> Assignment of Packaging Material Types from Feeder Systems-> Assign Packaging Material (on System Level or System Group -> depends on your config).

If your are not Using Handling Units in ERP ,Assign your (Handling Unit )Packaging Material Type from Feeder System to the Package Type "VY".

If you are not Using Handling Units try to Assign the Packaging Type from Sales Unit, in your Case from KG to VY.

This can be done in the custimizing "Derive Package Type from Sales Unit".

If this doesn't work you can also use the Badi on ERP side to for mapping and enrichment Data from Billing Documents to GTS (SDOC)......

hope that helps,

regards,

Ralf