Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting accruals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is the scenario:

step1. I need to post some sums on an accrual account, before sending the final invoice to the customer (1 month in advance for example)

step2. When sending the invoice to the customer, I have to clear the accrual account and post the respective ammounts on the revenue and customer accounts.

I had this in mind:

- create SO

- create invoice to post ONLY to accrual account

- create final invoice (and maybe credit memo to clear the accrual account)

Please advise me on how you see as the best approach to the scenario.

Thankyou in advance,

Cosmin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented exactly same scenario recently.

Sales Order--> Accrual Invoice --> S1 --> Final Invoice

When you create the accrual invoice you will have to have a different invoice type. Also you need to activate alternate reconciliation account determination and assign the alternate reconciliation account determination procedure to this invoice type.

When you post the accrual invoice Debit will go to a different reconciliation account (Unbilled AR) and not the recon account mentioned in the customer master.

At the time of creation of final invoice reverse this accrual invoice via VF11 so that entries are reversed. Then create actual invoice (document type has to be different than accrual invoice)

Hope this helps

Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu,

I will dig deeper in this scenario in a sandbox.

When I first tried it, I ran into some problems with the account determination, but probably because I didn't customize the alternate accounts correctly.

Thankyou all for your answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sure and do let me know if you need any more clarification on this.

Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your initial plan sounds feasible, else raise the debit memo to post the accrual initially and the billing later for the final nvoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to read this document.

Link: [http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/de/a4f83b4a91ce5ce10000000a11402f/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Eric, I was actually thinking about revenue recognition a while back but the idea was dismissed because of the implications (and activating by SAP and so on).

I never user RR on a project, could you please tell me if the delivery is required for this process , as it appears in the link you provided ? My process has only SO & INV, without delivery.

Thank you again for your help !