cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving documents in SAP Records Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Does anybody know how to archive documents in SAP Records Management? By default, they are stored somewhere in SAP database. However, based on the SAP documentation, they can be stored also to archive by using ArchiveLink. Where is this configuration done and how? Or do we need some coding here?

I'm interested in two different solutions:

1) Document will be stored on an archive server right from the start. By doing this, I no longer need to move the document content myself.

2) Moving existing Records Management documents to archive. I know there is a program SRM_KPRO_CONTENT_RELOCATION for this purpose, but it doesn't seem to be working without some archiving/RM configuration before somewhere else.

We are using Records Management as part of Digital Personnel Files and the documents to be archived are completed Adobe forms.

Best Regards,

JV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JV,

Please do not confuse Archiving with Archivelink. These are two separate solutions. If the data is stored in SAP application DB by default then archiving will mean moving it out to a content repository which is based in an external content server. If data is already stored in a content server then archiving just means moving it to another content repository which you have flagged as archive repository. At the end of the day, the data is stored in a content server(whether archived or otherwise) which needs to be created in OAC0 as already explained by the other colleague.

For both cases, only the content repository needs to be created & then the program SRM_KPRO_CONTENT_RELOCATION needs to be executed.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JV,

This setting is in SPRO -> SAP NetWeaver->Application server-> Basis services-> Archive Link

In Archivelink basis settings and others. Please check and confirm the status.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think configuring ArchiveLink in RMS requires more than just ArchiveLink basic settings (SPRO -> SAP NetWeaver->Application server-> Basis services-> Archive Link).

I have already set up basic ArchiveLink connection and archive server. Still the quesion is how to get RMS documents to archive?

Kind Regards,

JV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JV,

I have never used RMS , could you share which transaction code using to upload document in RMS? Then I can definately give you solution.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can access to basic RMS functionalities through transaction ORGANIZER.

Br, JV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JV,

You need to define the repository in OAC0 transaction. As per my analysis now your document are stored in sap database.

If you are using separate serever then confuigure as follows in OAC0:

Document area : SAP Records Management

Storgae type : RFC Archive

define IP address and port. Then goto CSADMIN and activate the certificate for the same.

or if using SAP Database then make the changes in above areas.

Then these archived documents will get saved in content server instead of sap database.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra