cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM -User Ids in Solman & It Satellite System ECC R/3-Same or different

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured CHARM with ECC R/3 3 system landscape.

Is it necessary to have same user id in Solman as well as in in ECC R/3 all 3 systems( Dev, QAS & Prod).

Regards

PK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Please check the Solution Manager security guide in http://service.sap.com/instguides -> Solution Manager -> Solution Manager EHP1. There is plenty of information about security roles in Solution Manager there.

Note 881553 - Roles for Change Request Management (SAP Solution Manager 7.0) may also help.

jansi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

don t have this info here and ... i cant check cause i don t have charm configured on the solman i am on.

You could do a trace that includes RFC calls (ST05 or ST01) and create a TR from ChaRM and you ll get your answer

Sorry could nt help more !

PS : If I remember well, it does use the sy-user name though. Best for you would be to check yourself

Khalil

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Generally speaking , operating with transports from the CRM based ChaRM document will use the communication user of the TMW RFC in the satellite system. The system logon action as well as the task list actions use the TRUSTED RFC.

So you need to know in detail your process , and then you can decide which users to create also in the satellite system.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

For users to work properly with CHARM, they should have the trusted system access in both solman and satelliet systems. That is why the same user id for both solman and charm.

Regards,

Sneha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

User Id in Satellite System Dev is not same as that of Solman User Id.

So if user is performing the action 'Set to Indevelopment' will it cretae the Transport Request in Satellite System Dev or not?

I am facing an error ' No Authorization..'

So User is not able to create transport request & in SU53 it shows the missing object as CRM_IPMCON.

Regards

PK

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PK,

yes it is cause TRUSTED RFCs are based on this. Same USER ID should be assigner to users with right authorization objects in both sides

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

Is it mandatory for creating Transport Request in Satellite system using CharM( Set to In Development') to have same user Id in Solman & in Satellite System Dev.

Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you shoudl have the below roles for the developer in the active client solman to set the status as in development.

Developer

SAP_CM_DEVELOPER_COMP(composite role)

SAP_CM_SMAN_DEVELOPER

SAP_SOCM_DEVELOPER

SAP_SOCM_REQUESTER

more reference kindly go thorugh the security guide

Please take a look:

Security Guide SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP 1

6.4.17 End-User Roles for Change Request Management . . . . . . . . . . 101

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/sapidb/011000358700000370562009E/SM_SECURITY_SPS23.pdf|https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/sapidb/011000358700000370562009E/SM_SECURITY_SPS23.pdf]

and the SAP note

Note 881553 - Roles for Change Request Management (SAP Solution Man 7.0)

jansi