Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Creation using su10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have created 4 users using SU10, i have maintained all the fields, but i couldn't find the Initial and repeat password field in the logon,

So, where i have to maintain the password? Please help

Carthick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mario_marschall
Participant
0 Kudos

It's not possible to set a password in SU10, probably since it would have to be the same for alle 4 users and that wouldn't be too safe. I've never created users via SU10 before, but I'd guess they just don't have a password right now, but would only be able to login via SSO. If you want to provide them with a password you have to use SU01, either on the "Logon"-register or on the initial screen of SU01 with Shift+F8.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthick,

i appreciate your interest in knowing things, but i think you are only killing others time with such basic questions.......maybe this would be the last i would answer.......

i reported this post as abuse................as you are abusing others time and interest on the forum

mario_marschall
Participant
0 Kudos

It's not possible to set a password in SU10, probably since it would have to be the same for alle 4 users and that wouldn't be too safe. I've never created users via SU10 before, but I'd guess they just don't have a password right now, but would only be able to login via SSO. If you want to provide them with a password you have to use SU01, either on the "Logon"-register or on the initial screen of SU01 with Shift+F8.

0 Kudos

Thanks Mario,

So, i can create users using SU10 with all the fields filled once except the password, then go to su01 and click on change password (shift+F8) for each user and set a password. I tried it and it works, thanks for ur time and help.

Regards

Carthick

0 Kudos

There is no need to change the password as it's set during creation.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=SU10massusercreatepassword

0 Kudos

Okay, then there are generated passwords. I guess you can get these from the protocol in SU10. But if you want to set a password yourself you still have to use SU01.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex and Mario,

thanks for your info, now i got the point here and alex thanks for sending us the link which helped me a lot.

Take Care guys

Carthick