Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project planning board issue

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In my project i got requirement in which in the planning board i need to have wbs description. I used the option in project planning board and there in planning board (Date bar text) i have maintained the description. I am getting the description at wbs and also at activity. But the problem is i need description only for wbs and not for activity level. Kindly suggest how we can achieve this.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I can see one thing that there are different planning board profile for project profile and network profile and in planning board profile we can maintain different setting for option in Diagram Area. But in cj20n system take it from project profile only. Than why option has been given in planning board and can we seprate setting for wbs and network.

Kindly help me in this.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OPT7(PPB Profiles) maintain 2 profiles;

one for WBS - use this in project profile.

and second for N/W - use this in N/W profile.

and put N/W profile in project profile.

This is how different PPB profiles for N/W & WBS are used.

Yes, system will always show the PPB profile mentioned in project profile because it is profile for whole network and not for WBS or N/W.

Regards,

Harsh.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Thanks for contributing a lot. But in this problem i didnt understand where i need to put planning board profile to project definition. And even though if we put the ppb profile in project definition than also whole project will use only one ppb profile so problem will not get solved.

Kindly clarfiy the sme. Lot of thanks in advance.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't get confused with project definition.

The Planning board that you open from CJ20n will always take Project Profile which is under the 'Control' tab of project definition.

As you know, this project profile we create in OPSA. There under 'Plg Board/Dates' tab we put

Plg. Board Profile (This profile name will see in PPB)( will be used for your WBS data)

and

Network Profile (defined in OPUU; there under 'Graphic' tab you can put 'Plg. Board Profile' for N/W)

As we have definied network profile (which have its own plg. board profile) in our project profile, the system will use different PPB profile for n/w and different for wbs but the name it will show only which is defined in Project Profile.

Regards,

Harsh.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

I tried this but the problem is when i am watching planning board its showing me the same means no difference whether i have different planning board profile for n/w or not. As you know my requirement is i dont need description on activity and need at wbs in bar chart (Gantt chart) and i am not able to achieve this through different planning board profile. Kinldy suggest if i am wrong.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried on my system, but as you have said it is not working, the same was the output.

following proves wrong, sorry for that;

>As we have definied network profile (which have its own plg. board profile) in our project profile, the system will use different >PPB profile for n/w and different for wbs but the name it will show only which is defined in Project Profile.

Also, If you have an good ABAper (can take chance with GuiXT )on your side, then he might do what you are asking. Or convince the management to let the description visible on the activity.

Regards,

Harsh.

Edited by: Harsh Saxena on Sep 7, 2010 2:13 PM

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

I am working on a work around solution with one user exit. Still need to work with abaper on that and will share in case its done successfully.

Thanks a lot for making so much effort.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to edit grapic profile for that. There is workaround you can try:

in PPB, goto extras > planning board assistant.

expand the required node on left, and then goto activity tab of it, there just select white color and white background for font.

Regards,

Harsh.