Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfer of Returnable Packing Material i.e CRATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sap gurus,

The client is into Dairy business.

They sell milk pouches from Manufacturing plant as well as Depots and use material CRATE (material type LEIH for Returnable packaging).

Now, as per the business process, they want to do stock transfer of these crates to their depot as well so that even depot can sell milk to their customers using this crate.

My question is what should be the ideal process for this in SAP? Possible scenarios:

1) Manufacturing plant doing stock transfer of crate as normal item having item category NLN

2) Manufacturing plant doing stock transfer of crate as Returnable packaging having item category TAL in delivery so that even they will have track record of how much qty of crates they have given to their depots.

Right now we went ahead considering the 2nd scenario & the process is:

1) ME21N --- Create PO with2 line items as milk & crate

2) VL10B --- Put PO number and Create Delivery in background

3) VL02N --- Delivery created with ONLY 1 line ie milk and NO CRATE line item.

MIGO

So the major issues in this are:

1) During Delivery creation, the material crate should appear automatically as a separate line item.

2) The Depot should be able to do GR for this crate so that they can issue it to their customers.

For issue 1 - Generating Line item for Returnable Packing we did:

1) Packag.mat.type CR01 PACKING CRATE for Milk with Indicators as 'Generate Delivery Items' = B - "Item generation in first packed deliveryu201D & Plant determine = B - "Plant is determined from plant where first item was packed"

2) Material group for packaging material = CR00 Crate Milk Group

3) In u201CDefine Allowed Packaging Materialsu201D, maintained values for this.

4) Maintained milk material with this values in Sales:General/Plant u2013Packaging Material data---Matl Grp Pack.Matls = CR00

5) Flag 'Generation of Delivery Items for HU Packaging Materials' for the delivery type ZNL

6) In delivery item category determination maintained ZNL LEIH TAL & ZNL LEIH PACK TAL

However, still it is not happening ie the delivery does not have crate as a line item.

The different References used are:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/09/4b2268d27211d3b4f7006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/560051545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

SAP NOTE 831204 Delivery items for packaging materials

Thanks & Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand you need to rethink on the proess flow as follows:

1.Create transfer plant to plant-

In case Vendor is carrying the Milk with crates, the liability for delivery of crates alongwith milk is lying on transport vendor so you should proceed as follows:

a)Issue of mIlk via STO process

b)Issue of crates to Transport vendor by using tcode MB1B and use movement type 541-Enter here Vendor and Receiving plant code.

c)Ensure that gate out of vehicle shall be done on producing the gate pass of crate alongwith Milk

d)The stock send as per step b would be shown as special stock at vendors end.

e) The person at receving end will the transaction 542 by entering only the vendor code

f)Ensure that vendor bill shall be paid only if he produces document signed by receiver for GR for Milk and crates.

And last but not the least ensure that you get a declarion from all your vendors as to crates lying with them (may in transit) at every month end or any other period business decides.

I understand using the Pkg material route will reduce your flexibility for business dynamix and also the maintenance and deployment is also not easy for using the pkg functionality for the said purpose.

Pls revert.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks a lot for taking the efforts to answer the question.

However, seems you have given slountion for a different scenario where the Crates are with Vendor / Transporter.

My questions is :

How to transfer crates to depot so that the depot can GR it & then use them for their customers.

Still awaitng for the solution.

Regards.

SD

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Consultant,

I am facing the the same problem at my client side. Whenever i am doing stock transfer order and replenishment delivery of returnable packaging material with item category TAL it displays the error - Enter a customer for special stock V.

Please help.

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a customer in the beverage industry (beer production and distribution) that had a very similar requirement.

It was solved in the standard system using tied empties functionality: Fully integrated in SD and MM in the last ERP version.

More information at:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/19/ad1d3a81a1e572e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

You might want to look for the best business practice documentation regarding this process with a proposal for customizing included.

For your information, transfers of returned (empty) empties between plants is done through a standard stock transport order.