cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send from Unicode SAP to non unicode webMethods

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured i'd put this here in case someone has run into this with either full blown webMethods or just the BC...

We get the following error when we try to send IDOC's from SAP to webMethods:

"Input values do not contain IDOC control and data tables"

From research it appears we need to download and install newer version of the JCO library as well as the RFC library files which includes an extra file just for unicode support.

We still have the issue even after using the newer files. Is there some solution?? Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tobias_boldt
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we get the same error-message: "Input values do not contain IDOC control and data tables"

We have unicode SAP and non unicode SAP-BC 4.6.

You said you got it working. Can you please tell me how you did this?

Thanks,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's exactly what we did. I don't know if you need to perform all of these steps but this is what we did to solve the problem. Some people have told me just configuring the listeners and RFC destinations should work. You should try just that part and see if it works and if not, then proceed to download the files. Also keep in mind we're running the full IS on windows, not just the BC. The steps should be the same but adjust accordingly.

• PROCESS STARTS HERE ****

Shut down all webMethods applications. Backup all files mentioned in this section to a separate directory. Do NOT rename and keep in the same directories as they may still cause conflicts.

First step was to download the latest version of the librfc32.dll and librfc32u.dll and place it in the c:\windows\system32 directory on the webMethods server. Files were also placed in the following directory

D:\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\packages\SAP\code\libs to be used by the SAP adapter.

Latest versions of the following files were also downloaded from SAP and placed in the c:\windows\system32 directory. These files are used by the new librfc32u.dll which handles Unicode:

mfc71.dll

mfc71u.dll

msvcp71.dll

msvcr71.dll

Latest version of Jco(Java connector files version 2.1.7) were also downloaded from SAP marketplace. The following files needed to be moved :

sapjcorfc.dll ->>>>>> D:\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\packages\SAP\code\libs

sapjco.jar ->>>>>> D:\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\packages\SAP\code\libs

Once this is done, restart webMethods. You can verify the newer version of the JCO library is being used by going to the SAP adapter screen and hitting About on the upper left. Version should match what was downloaded from SAP.

In the SAP Adapter screen, navigate to the Unicode system. Choose the listeners:

Select Yes radio button next to Unicode listener.

Restart listener.

In SAP, navigate to sm59(Display and Maintain RFC destinations)

Under TCP/IP connections, choose the destination that matches the Program ID in the webMethods listener screen. In this case, FCSAPBCORD. Under the special options tab, make sure the Unicode radio button is selected:

Save and test connections using both buttons up top.

tobias_boldt
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello James,

thanks for your answer.

"Some people have told me just configuring the listeners and RFC destinations should work"

this helped.

I only had to switch the listener to unicode, and then also configure the SM59-entry to unicode.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

We run BC 4.7 with Unicode ECC 5.0 system. The ECC RFC destination in SM59 has to match the BC Listener in the SAP adapter. They both have to be set to Unicode if you want to send unicode data from ECC to BC.

In our case we are exchanging data with Fedex and they had to update their BC packages to handle Unicode fields.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan, is that all you did to resolve the problem?? I did discover the RFC destination settings and listener settings I needed to set, but I also thought we needed to download and install a newer JCO and librfc files to support the unicode. Did you get away with using the older files and just setting the listener and RFC destination to exchange unicode??

I have it working now, I don't know if I did extra unnecessary work.