cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with MDM portal and workflows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not know how to launch a workflow through MDM Portal when creating a new record in it. The record is created in Portal and in MDM Data Manager but not so the workflow. Could anyone tell me how does it work?.

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I would recomment you to read <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9180cbaf-0801-0010-f882-f2af6dc975d0">this Guide on Workflow</a>. It will give you over all idea about the workflow functionality in MDM.

Please do tell me if you have got any specific question.

And I would like you to clarify the term "MDM Portal". If you mean to say MDM IViews in Portal, then right now there isn't any standard IViews available for triggering MDM workflow from Portal. But, you can use CatalogData's Launchworkflow() function to launch the specific workflow in custom development.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Mausam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mausam,

Yes, when I talk about MDM Portal I'm refering to eViews.

I don´t want to launch the workflow through the MDM Portal, what I mean is that wnhen a record is added in portal and so in MDM Data Manager, the workflow does not appear in workflows' tab to be launched manually. Is there any way to make it possible?

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still have problems with this topic. Can you help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose Luis,

This should happen automatically, there is nothing to do.

Once you set the trigger property to record add or record update, the workflow is launched automatically.

Can you please have a look at the table property in the workflow table? Is it the same as the table you are adding records to? I'm guessing it is because you said it worked correctly in the Data Manager. Can you try just adding a record using a simple java program instead of the portal and tell us the results?

Hope this helps,

Richard

Message was edited by: Richard LeBlanc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jose:

Did you get this issue fixed ? we are having the same problem - I created an IView on the portal but when I make a change it doesn't trigger the workflow; but if I make the same change in MDM Data manager, it does trigger the workflow.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have got the same weird problem.

Has anyone solved this issue???

Regards,

Go:khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

well we experienced kind of the same problem & I think it is a bug (MDm version SP04 P2 HF2). The underlying problem is, that the workflow does (sometimes...) run automatically when a record is updated or added and also finishes without any errors. But actually, the workflow did not finish the steps it should do, like an assignment. The thing is, that once you update a record using the Portal the record is checked out, modified an saved. Now the workflow does start and tries to launch its steps. But: The record itself is not checked in yet, so the workflow can not run probably!! Anyway, it comes up as "successful" but did not do anything. AFTER that the record is checked in.... And a record that is checked out by the protal user (like admin) can not be modified by the workflow.

Another experience was, that the workflow just started if you configuerd certain combinations, like update and manuell....then it worked in former versions.

So, I will open an OSS message and will let you know the answer asap...

Hope this was helpful....

Greetz,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo guys,

as promised a opened an OSS message regarding this issue. The answer is the following:

"This is a know issue and as of MDM SP05 this will be resolved.

Please have a look at the Note:1014208. MDM 5.5 SP05 is expected

to be released in the end of March. For now, you can right

click on the job and select "Perform" to perform the assignment

manually."

Sorry for not really coming up with a solution, but I think we have to wait for the next SP....

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

I also faced some similar issue with Matching in MDM Workflows.

To refresh the scoring in MDM Data Manager, we are required to select one of the workflows and select Perform action. However, this leads to MDM consuming memory when this is executed. For example, if a country Germany, is performed a few times, the memory usage of MDM increases. I monitor this memory usage in Task Manager.

Do you have this problem as well when a performed is executed, the memory increases? This would not be good and there can be a possibility of MDM Server crashing due to insufficient memory due to 'Perform' action to refresh the scoring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are facing a simillar problem. We have created workflows and set the trigger to "On Record Creation" and "On Record Import". But when new records are created, although the records are assigned to a workflow but the workflows are not launched automatically.

Also when a user performs his/her assigned action (say authoring certain columns or approving records) the workflow does not automatically move to next step. The user has to manually froward it to the Next Step.

Could this be avoided?

Currently we are not using any eViews or Front end portal and operating directly using the Data Manager and Import Manager. The version we are working on is SAP MDM 5.5 SP05.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

Did you set the Workflow trigger as "Record Creation"?, you might need to do this since by default it might be set to "manual"

When you create a new record on MDM (not on portal) does the workflow works ok?

Regards

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Alejandro,

Yes I've used "Record Add; Record Update; Record Import" in the trigger options an it doesn't work.

Yes, when I create the workflow in MDM Data Manager and I add or update a record in it the wokflows appear. The problem is that the workflow doesn't appear when the record is added or updated through the portal.

Thanks again.