cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N:1 Multi mapping issue at PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have 2 different source message types (824 & 997) to be mapped to target mail package (N:1 mapping).

I have added both the source messages (provided xsd for 824 & 997 as External defination) under Tab "Signature" .

Now when I go back to the Tab "Defination" it loads 2 messages but of similar message Type (either 824 or 997).

e.g

--Msg1

--Msg2

-- 824 OR

--Msg1

--Msg2

-- 997 INSTEAD OF

--Msg1

--Msg2

Please help , what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Jyoti Acharya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti ,

this problem will come in case of IDOC also if you have two IDOC fo same Basic type but different message type .

basically Basic type is responsible for the IDOC structure message type just signifies what message is being populated in that structure .

so in case of idoc If your basic type is same and message type is different then you can use one source XSD in both the message mapping and then you can use two Interface mapping , there in source you can give the correct IDOC name and in message mapping section you can copy the MM manually .

then in interface determination we can use conditional ID to select the required Interface mapping .

However your scenario looks to be different but I shared this information as I have faced similar issue while using IDOC of same basic type but different messagetype.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for the information.

Yes,Same Basic type could a reason for it , but in my case i need to perform 2:1 mapping . The content of target mail comes from both the messages (824 & 997). I can not have 2 diffrent mappings.

Is there any way to modify the Basic Type of one of the message , if yes would it be correctly identfied at Seeburger?

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I have some other opinion / help from SAP Experts.

waiting for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

R u using BPM ?

with out BPM N:1 Mapping not possible,

Please correct me if i am wrong....

Thanks,

Giriii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i am using BPM, but the said problem i am facing , during the Message Mapping creation.