cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of IBM Websphere Interchange Server V4.3 to SAP PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anyone share me your thoughts/ideas on migration of Webshpere Interchange Server to SAP PI?

Really appreciate if anyone could share some documents/case studies on the migration.

Cheers,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

What information are you looking for exactly?

I did a full migration project from WBI/WICS 4.3 to SAP PI 7.1 last year within an organization that used WBI as platform

for mutliple subsidaries/functional departments.

The main challenge lays in the backup of the concerned functional departments as everyone will be involved and need to

be communicated what you as eai team will do when and why and how they ll benefit from that migration path.

From the technical perspective its generally possible to migrate nearly every secnario without to much change in the

intgrated systems. There are a few challenges like the so called Crossworld event station that was an old deployment setup to push events from a SAP system to other systems, which is quite WBI proprietary. Also ccBPM as we know it by now

is not that well for mass process instanciation like "Collaborations" in WBI. Advanced Adapter Engine can help out here and there.

We tried to migrate as much as possible nearly 1:1 from the used adapters / integration patterns, which means, try not to change anything in the concerned systems to keep the efforts for applications/functional departments as low as possible.

But that depends on your customer.

My customer was also interested in optimization in a few interfaces within the migration,

which is a good opportunity if you have the backup of the functional departments to bring in some effort to it, too.

From a project perspective, we started with the analysis of all WBI scenarios to build up a plan how to migrate this

scenarios to PI and let that estimated scenarios run against the SAP Quicksizer to see if we have the right infrastructure.

As second step we introduced that plan and discussed it with the functional departments to make a project time plan when

to migrate which scenario, test it and go live.

From there on you can follow that schedule (or let your developers follow it).

From what i know there's not much official info on these kind of projects to find.

Only official SAP document i know is that one, it has some pretty good points (however it was a Tibco to PI migration, but that shouldn't make a big difference):

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0f30892-13db-2b10-cb9d-ccac1047e...

However be aware within a project like this there ll always be points were unexpected problems appear, that need some quick-wittednes to be adressed (weather it be discussion on a business level or deep down technically).

Hope that was a little help

With best regards

Sebastian

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos