SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In transit posting group

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on Oil and gas system and have problem with in transit posing

As I know, when do Loading confirmation goods move from inventory to intranit Storage Location of issuing plant. But in my project, for movement from one plant to other plant, good movement will transfer from Loading storage location to intransit of receipt plant. So I can't config system flow this process.

Help me !

Thanks and regard !

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chu,

I supposed you already have the intransit storage location defined for your Loading Plant, where intransit location is marked with the "Intr" checkbox in the configuration while others (non-intransit location) are not marked with "Intr".

For the goods movement to be relevant during transaction when you carry out the loading confirmation with the relevant bulk shipment type, please ensure that you have already defined the Intransit Posting Group (i.e. Marine, Pipeline, Rail, Truck etc.) with the relevant movement types to use. Then check through the path to "Define intransit valuation type/handling type" to define the relevant determination with the combination of Loading Plant + all relevant Intransit Posting Group is defined.

After that, this Intransit Posting Group with the goods movement types assigned (both with GI and reversal), you then assign this group to the relevant Bulk Shipment Type.

The path in IMG that mentioned above that contains all these settings to make your process work is as below:

IMG --> Industry Solution Oil & Gas (Downstream) --> TD --> TD Bulk Shipment --> Intransit Stock --> .... (Please check through all the settings in this path)

If this is a stock transfer, then you may also want to check through the MM settings for "Stock Transport Order" in Purchasing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Rgds..

0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggest,

I have already define in-transit SLoc for Loading Plant but I want to define In-transit sloc for receipt plant in stock transfer. It mean, when I carry out Loading confirmation, goods posting from Loading plant to intransit of receiving plant. (In STO)

Regard !

Thanhct

0 Kudos

Hi Thanhct

Go to IMG, ... Bulk shipment type

Choose Pass intransit indicator, process will done.

0 Kudos

The question is answered, I have fixed it