Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Sales order creation based on Subscription Based Products

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to hear from your experience how SAP handles Subscription based products. Whether full fledge order creation can be done with all features of subscription products?.

I am from technical area and would like to get some insights into this subject. Your inputs / sharing experience / Links will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

One of my former customer is in the subscription-based business (sells legal books and information trough subscriptions)

They used SAP ERP but totally customized for their business with a lot of developments.

In my opinion there is no solution in the standard system => There is no industry solution for this business.

This is a full project indeed => No quick solution.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is based on the data maintained in OVK1 where for the origin country, you need to maintain JTX1 to JTX4. So while creating customer master, based on the country you are maintaining in General Data, the tax classifications will flow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found this exanple relavent to you. let me know you view.

example for Subscription Based Products - on SAP-TV

[Subscription Based Products - Cable connection|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/00901114-c034-2d10-8caa-fc5dd085dbc0&overridelayout=true]

Regards,

Rajeev

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me give you additional details to refine my question

Customer is expecting Subscription based products data coming as Sales Order from external application (Zuora). Subscription is handled using Zuora application.

In SAP we will be expecting Sales order comning from Zuoura through BizTalk which contains Subscription based products as items.

What kind of configurations needed to done to accept incoming orders which contains subscription data.

"I would like to Thank everyone who replied to this question, appreciate your inputs and expertise".

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how SAP handles Subscription based products

I think SAP-CRM is the answer for subscription based products. because it handle all the part of product like marketing,sales and service.So most of the customers of SAP-CRM having Subscription based products in there portfolio. CRM gives full functionality for taking care product as well as customer.

the link is useful for news paper,magazine kind of business. [Subscription Management |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/Subscription+Management]

Regards,

Rajeev