Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning creates normal Purch req. NB instead stock transfer purch req UB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need your support to understand this situation:

I have 2 products one in plant P1, the other in plant P3, both having as external procurement Stock transfer from plant P2.

After creating in Product View a 'purchase req' in location P3, when it pass in ECC it is created a purchase type UB, item category U (stock transfer), but the same activity in location P1 will create a NB purchase req type, with item category U.

Can you give me some help? where should I look for?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the transportation lanes between P2 >> P1 and P2 >> P3 are same.

Are there any external procurements for P2 >> P1.

Is the purchase organization appearing in the PR from P2 >> P1..

It will also help to check if any PR is created manually in SAP ECC from P2 >> P1, what document type is picked up.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

the product specific transportation lanes P2 >>P1 and P2>>P3 looks equals, the only difference is that P2>>P1 has means of transportation, while the other doesn't. However, i have test it also in this way with the same result.

In both cases, the purchase requisitions have the same Purchasing org. I did not understand how you can see the what document type is picked up when Preq is created manually in SAP ECC from P2 >> P1, in both cases it is set the default NB..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most of the master data in APO will be transferred from master data in SAP ECC.

Therefore results what we see in APO, may be heavily influenced by the master data in SAP ECC.

Example:

If you have transferred a material with the special procurement types F: External Procurement and special procurement U: Stock Transfer (in the MRP 2 view of the ERP material master record), ; from the ERP system, the SCM system automatically creates a corresponding transportation lane from the supplying plant to the receiving plant for the supplying plant (from the special procurement type) and material/plant combination. The transportation lane is given the creation indicator "S" for special procurement.

Are you observing the above results for many products or only for a specific product ?

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is the behaviour of system for all materials sended via CIF in APO which have the special procurement Stock transfer and as procurement type External, so it is no difference for the transportation lane P2>>P1, P2>>P3...So, no solution yet...

Regards,

Alex

Edited by: aelyus on Sep 7, 2010 8:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

any new idea?