Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

My client have requirement ,

1) They dont want to maintain credit limit of the customer ( FD32) -- No credit limit

2) They want to handle it through Payment terms for example: In sales order if the payment term is maintain - 001 - 30Days Net

and the sales is happened sales order>delivery> Billing But the customer didnt clear the amount with 30 days

then system should not allow to create sales order or delivery or billing if the outstanding is more than 30 days.

Can anybody throw some light on it.

Thanks and Regards

Bhushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhusan,

You cannot control the creation of further transaction based on the payment terms. You can only give some discount to the customer if he pays within the deadline (which is configurable in the payment terms).

If you have to arrive at such a process, you have to think of the entire design and arrive at a custom built process for Credit management based on the payment terms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achieved by "oldest open item check" of credit management.

Regards,

Shantanu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Once the customer has not cleared the payment in the given time then the system will not allow the end user to create an order for the particular customer until the hirearchy has removed the block for that particular customer.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The functionality of both the payment tems and credit limit is different and u cannot control the blocking of orders based on payment terms.Credit limit is something which blocks the order from processing the customer exceeds the specified limit.on the otherhand payment terms are used to give extra discount to a customer.And to block the order we have to maintian the risk categories,withour which i think we cannot block the sales order.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhushan,

If your issue can be solved in the standard SAP or not, I do not know, but i will give you a logic with which you can achieve your requirement.

Configure your Risk Category with Oldest Outstanding and with out any day value, but with Error / Warning settings. Ask your ABAPer to intercept the Credit Check through a User Exit, so that the system will use the number of days in the Payment Terms as the value for Oldest Outstanding number of days and does the Credit Check.

Am sure this should work to the t in your scenario.

Peace and Happiness

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Here FD32 u need to maintian the risk category but credit limit values blank

2. OVA8- open items or oldest open items in my earlier client i have used oldesr open items settings..

helpfull or n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, friend

You can maintain the rule of automatic credit control by t-code OVA8.

Choose checking Rule -- Open Items Or Oldest Open Items according to your requirement.

If there exist the open item, system will reject sales order creation.

Wink

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend

But my requirement is i dont want want to maintain credit control.

I want to use only Payment terms.

Thanks and Regards

Bhushan Kolte