cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Hierarchy discount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have come acorss for a typical discount condition type required.

Discount is required for product hierarchy. say for ex: there are 3 material X, Y and Z are having same product hierarchy key.

Now the requirement is for

Customer buys 15 packs of material X, therefore he should get a 15% discount.

Customer buys 10 packs of material X and 5 packs of material Y, therefore he should get a 15% discount too.

That means, mixing of materials within one product hierarchy should be possible.

How can achieve this?? will header condition work for this? Pls let me know your suggestions ASAP.

Regards,

Srikky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Header condition will not help in this case because, the header condition will split the value not just among the materials of similar product hierarchy but among all the materials in the sales order.

That means the condition should be applicable at the item level only and in that case, you cannot make the condition type find out the rate based on multiple materials.

However I have one basic qn. If you maintain 15% as discount for a particular PH, I think it doesnt matter whether it is one material or multiple materials, it is always going to be 15% on the value of the materials. So a normal pricing itself should take care of this scenario.

If you have any specific situation for which you need the solution which is not captured in standard pricing, please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneetha,

Thanks for valueble inputs...

I agree with what you said. But the problem is when i maintain scale discount for producy hierarchy, then i guess standard condition will not work. Pls let me know if i am wrong

Ex: Material X and Y are having the same Product hierarchy key-ABC.

1. when customer buys upto 10 Qty ABC product hierachy materials, he should get 10% discount

2. when customer buys 11-20 Qty ABC product hierachy materials, he should get 20% discount.

so when customer buys 7 qty of X material and 8 Qty of Y material as per scale rule he should get 20% discount, is this possible with standard pricing??

Regards,

Srikky

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I get your point.

For the condition type, there is a field called Group condition routine.

First convert the condition type as group condition routine.

Then for the group condition routine, create the product hierarchy as the variant (you can use the routine 3 as seen in the menu to create this). Assign this routine to the condition type.

If this is done, it uses the product hierarchy as the key to total all line item quantities to calculate the scale base value. An F1 help in that field explains you its functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Navneetha...

really its a problem solving solution..

At last i wiould like to know where we can create this routine? i guess in VOFM - Formulas - Structure og Grp Key, pls correct if i am wrong. what should be logic to write code for this Product Hierarchy routine?

If i am already having a discount condition type and if i activate the 'Group condition', will this going to effect on anything? otherwise the functionality will remain same except Group Cond functionality? Can i use the same condition type for PH discount also?

Pls help me..

Thanks & Regards,

Srikky

Edited by: Srikky on Sep 7, 2010 11:12 AM

Edited by: Srikky on Sep 7, 2010 11:16 AM

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is in VOFM only.

VOFMFormulasStructure of group key.

Here you have to create the logic.

You can convert the existing condition type into group condition and enable the functionality. But ensure that it is not used for occasions, where it shoudl not work as a group condition also.

Answers (0)