cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repacking of HU to new HU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is there a possibility to transfer an article directly from one handling unit to an other?

The articles arrives in some boxes (our first handling unit). After the GR some of theses articles are transfered to containers (our second handling unit). We would like to do this repacking in one single step.

How can we do that?

I found some information in help.sap.com:

"Repacking involves making transfer postings for material quantities from handling units into other handling units, where the total quantities per material that are unpacked and packed are identical. You can do this by using the Create and Process Handling Units function (transaction HU02)".

Unfortunately I can't find this option in the transaction HU02.

Do you know where to find the function for Repack?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In HU02 on "Pack material" tab give the number of the existing HU in "Handling Unit" field, then click on button "per x H..." (New HU per x HUs / per x HUs).

You handling unit (SU) should be in the repacking storage type / bin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can we transfer the HU in the repacking storage type / bin?

If i select the function you mentionned, nothing happend. There is no message from the system and the material isn't packed in a new HU.

thanks,

thomas

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use transaction LT01 / LT10 to move the SU to the repacking storage type /bin in the HU managed WH.

If, in HU02, I give the HU and click on the mentioned button a window pops up and giving the requested info for the system, SAP creates a new destination HU.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 6, 2010 11:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could it be possible that this is only possible if the warehouse is HU managed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, It's working now.

The initial HU is packed in a other HU... But this is not exactly what I'm searching for. I would like to have the following steps in one single step:

- Unpack material (with serial number) from HU 1

- Create or select HU 2

- Pack the (same) material in HU 2

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case I think it's quit simple. In HU02:

1. "Pack material" tab --> you enter the HU which contains the material

2. "Ttl content" tab --> you select the material which you want to repack and remove it from the HU (unpack")

2. "Pack material" tab --> here you can input an additional (existing or create a new) handling unit and pack the material (which was unpacked) into it it

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 6, 2010 2:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for this informations.

Unfortunately, on this way I loose the serial numbers which has been related to the material in the initial HU.....

But thank you anyway...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We found a solution in the Warehouse Management. If we transfer the goods with a transfer order from one HU to an other, the serial numbers are also transfered.

Thanks,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Else,

You can use split function like transaction VLSP. It's the BAPI BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_SPLIT_DEC.

Yannick