cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner function not determined if not made mandatory in customizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have never come across this issue before so maybe it is standard system behaviour. My client is on a ECC 5.0 system and has the need to set upp an new partner function on the ship-to-party which should be derived on the delivery. I have set up the partner function to be available on the ship-to -party and also on the delivery document. However even if the ship-to-party master record has an entry for this new partner (whih is a contact person by the way), the partner is not determined at all on the delivery document unless I make the pertner function mandatory in partner determination for the delivery. This works, but I would rather only get the partner derived when there is a parnter stored on the ship-to. In the current case there will be an entry in the ship-to partner tab with the new partner function and number zero for all cases when the ship-to does not contain a record for the new partner.

Any advice would be appreciated

BR

/Björn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric and Eduardo!

This issue is not really to get the contact persons created in the customer master partner tab. The issue is that I want the partner if available in the ship-to-pary partner tab to be added in the delivery partner tab. If no partner is available, nothing should happen at all.

I seem to remember that this behaviour is standard in the sales order, but I could be wrong. I did a similar set-up years ago and I think that the partners were derived without having to set them as mandatory in the partner determination.

The note of FAQ unfortunately did not solve the problem.

BR

/Björn

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Check Note 380507 - SD partner determination: FAQ for the functions, perhaps it helps you to find the solution.

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you can write a small program that automatically adds the most recent partner function contact person in the customer master partner tab.