cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database growth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had recently upgraded our R/3 from 4.6c to Ecc 6.The requirement now is that we want to see the database growth from the past one year.When i check in dbacockpit i can check only till a month of data.Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I mind to remember, that there was a note about loosing statistical workload

data in this release upgrade and that steps had to be taken to rescue these

before the upgrade.

If you did so, there had been additional activities to reload this data after

the upgrade. May be simply this step had not been done ?

If you did not rescue this data before, other options might be as follows:

Check the logfiles /oracle/SID/sapreorg/*.tse

-> tse = Tablespace extensions (should tell you, when you added datafiles of what size)

Check the logfiles /oracle/SID/sapreorg/*.dfa

-> dfa = datafile alter (should tell you, when you resized datafiles)

Table V$DATAFILE has a date field CREATION_TIME that might tell you when which file had been added.

Hope this helps

Volker

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

tcode: DB02OLD

Press on "Space statistics" (top right)

Press on "Months"

good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

Have tried the option as mentioned by you.

When i click over there i can see the date as below.It shows the first of this month.So does this mean that growth of the last month or this month.Thanks.

Scale: Month

Date

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you usually see up to 12 months in that screen. the date you see is the first day of the month... actually, it should should you the last date. This is kind of strange, but this is the way it works.

it looks like you lost all previous statistics during the upgrade. Sorry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks a ton for reply.As always very helpful.I had one question from what i see is that i can see that stats of august so is there any way whether we can retrieve the stats from oracle level.I know a table dba_hist_seg_stat where we have two fields named as SPACE_USED_TOTAL , SPACE_USED_DELTA.But now the problem is that we dont have a date field as to track it.

Apologies if i jave asked a basic question.So after the upgrade the history of database gets deleted from oracle level also?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

statistics seen from DB02OLD or DBAcockpit are stored in SAP tables (which is in your Oracle database). The upgrade seems to delete that info.

the SAP upgrade DOES NOT delete contents from dba_hist_seg_stat... but I never used that table before, so cannot help you on how to use it and analyze its contents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the info.But could you please advise as to whether it can be used i presume it is a AWR table.But there is no date field in that table i cannot understand the data retrieved from that table unless i have a date in comparison.Waiting for inputs from you so that i can proceed further.Thanks again.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry, I can't help you on that table other than googling information about it. Try googling yourself, you will get the same results!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tx : DB04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The tcode doesnot exist in the system .COuld you please reconfirm.Thanks.

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

You can see the Monthly Db Growth for year.

TX DBACOCKPIT--> Oracle Database Administration -->Space --> Database --> Overview --> History (Tab) --> Months.

This will show your the DB Growth for every months.

Regards,

Sharib Tasneem

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you have upgraded your system... you need to follow the below steps given in SAPnote .....

Note 1002840 - No data or obsolete data in DB Space Statistic monitor

All the best !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

Apologies if i have asked a dumb question.

Are the statistics migrated part of upgrade or is that independant.I was not part of upgrade so dont really know whether after the upgrade statistics do appear.

Thanks,

Ambarish