cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Scheduler running in NW 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using the cron4j scheduler in order to schedule my task to run that i created in Java and deployed to NW 7.0. When the NW 7.0 server is restart, the scheduler will gone. Therefore is there anywhere I can permanent set the scheduler.

Currently I created a servlet program that will enable user to setup the time/date for the scheduler to run. In the servlet program I can edit and stop the scheduler. Therefore is there a way to make it run when server startup?

I think of a way that put the run the scheduler in the servletcontextlistner. But by creating in such way, I unable to edit the scheduler in my servlet program due to the instance of the scheduler is not the same.

Any idea to enable it run when the server is started and also able to edit and stop the scheduler.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create Services that can be stopped and started. These are deployed in Portal Archive Files, or par files.

They also can be set to start automatically on server restarts.

So do some research on services that are in implemented in par files. I think there should be a way of using this functionality to achieve your requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your advice.