cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get source XSD using target IDOC XSD...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am working on File-to-IDOC scenario. Here i dont have XSD file for creating the source structure. I need to create the source structure of my own.

I have few doubts in this.

++Can i change the target XSD to create my source XSD? Is this the best way to go forward?++

++As namespace is different in IDOC XSD. Do i have to change the namespace in IDOC XSD before importing it for source message? What are the things that need to be changed in IDOC XSD for using it as source XSD?++

Thanks.

SM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You first try to find out the details of the source message type. Because file will come in one defined structure, based on that structure only you have to define the source structure in PI system. So I don't think target message structure's XSD will help you. Better you create your own data types and message type based on the file structure.

Thanks,

Nayan

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should create your own XSD in PI System, for source structure, you should contact to your source system administrator, they will give you details of structure.

Create your own data type & message type, as per given details from source structure administrator.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Here i dont have XSD file for creating the source structure.

You can create your own XSD in SAP PI as per the FILE that you will be placing in the source folder.

Can i change the target XSD to create my source XSD? Is this the best way to go forward?

If both the source and target structures are the same, then you can opt for it.

I would suggest that you first contact the Source-Location owners and confirm with them the message-structure that they will be placing in the Folder.

Regards,

Abhishek.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you dont have xsd for source xsd, then you have to create manually.. target XSD will not help you to create source Structure.

Regards,

Raj