cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

I created a form view with 5 dropdown lists. Each list with a dynamic entry list. The values are different characteristics of a query.

When running the iview it seems that the query is executed separately for each list. This takes quite a long time.

Is there a possibility to execute the query once for all characteristics and fill the menus afterwards? Or does anyone have an idea how I could speed this up?

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Margit,

You are right that each query is executed separately for every dropdown. Unfortunately, there is no method for "sharing" the queries' results between different entry lists.

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions for improving the dropdowns' performance, either.

The closest thing to reusing the query's results that I can think of is to display them in five single-column tables, and use the cursor selection on the table to get the user's input.

I will be the first to understand if this doesn't sound reasonable.

Good luck,

Eyal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies!

@Eyal

I like your idea but for a nice design I think this is not really an option...

@Mario

Static values would of course be possible for our demo but I'm not really happy with using static lists for productive use...

However I will see what I can do on the BW side...

Former Member
0 Kudos

And of course if you use BI Accelerator (NW04s), then you won't have any performance problems...

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another solution could be to fine tune the query on the BW side, by building aggregates or restricting the query properly. As I do not know your example, I am not sure if this is of any help for your problem.

There is also the OLAP cache in BW, which might help to retrieve the data from the cache instead of executing the query again.

Do all 5 drop downs have to be dynamic or are they limited to a handfull of values? Would a static list help then?

Mario