cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create an Archivlink via WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

i want to store a document as ArchivLink in SAP system via WD, after uploading my document from frontend i dont if i have to convert to xstring or to string first and which FM sall use to store my document in content repository as ArchivLink, and can i get the arc_doc_id and object id?

thank you very much for help

ShARL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can create a DMS document using the URL you get while uploading the document.

Pass the URL to BAPI_CREATE_DOCUMENT2 in DOCFILE filed of the table parameter DOCUMENTFILES and all other relevant parameters

It will create a document which you can view form CV02N.

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your replay, but the FM BAPI_CREATE_DOCUMENT2 you've send to me ist not for ArchinLink its for Kpro,

the problem is i have to upload some specified documents like PDF and BMP and XLS nothings more, and how to get it forst from fontend , looks alittel bit complicated , the question is which FM or interfaces or classes shall i use for this

thkans a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

would you please more explaine about DMS with an exampl to have an idee about the upload through IU Element and bind it to the Action , and how to implement it, because the FILE_UPLOAD dosent shows where Onaction(property) is. or shall i Create an attribute in Context for it with a type xstring?

thanx in Advance

Edited by: sharly12 on Sep 6, 2010 1:33 PM

Edited by: sharly12 on Sep 6, 2010 1:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharly,

FileUpload UI element has properties like filename , data , mime etc.

You can bind all these properties to a context node.Once you select a file , these context's will get values(like file's data , filepath).

Then read the context to get the file path and pass the file path to the function module mentioned above..

You can then create a button.In the onAction event of button , you can read the context and pass the file path to FM.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Aditya.

Edited by: Aditya Karanth on Sep 6, 2010 1:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx againg for your quik replay, the rest how to stor the document, it clear, thankx a lot for this, but would you please tell me more about the Properties, i have created an other Buttom for getting the the file, but how can i bind those properties(Mimetypes, filename and explanation ) to my coding?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you asking how to bind properties ??

If yes , once you insert a fileupload UI element,double click on it , you will find all its properties.

On the extreme right of a property , you have an option to bind the property to a context.

Click on that and select a context.

This means that , once you select a file , the data , filepath etc will get stored in the context attributes that you have binded with.

You can then read these context attributes and process further.

Thanks,

aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved, thank you very much for your help

Edited by: sharly12 on Sep 6, 2010 2:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i still have one question. about the FM ARCHIV_CONNECTION_INSERT ? how can id get SAP_OBJECT and DOC_TYPE?

kind regards

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sharly12,

this last additional question does not appear to be WDA related. It is also against the Forum rules of Engagement to post multiple questions in the same thread - this is because it makes it hard for people in the future when your thread appears in their search results:

> - Only One Question Per Posting

>For each question that you have, make a separate posting. Don't ask multiple questions in one posting, this is confusing for people and might not get answered, since the subject line does not reflect all your problems. If a new and unrelated question comes up during a thread, start a new thread.

Perhaps you could post this new question in another an more relevant forum.

Thanks for your understanding!

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I donot know the function modules to upload document into archivelink..

I thought your rerqurement was jsut to upload a document and store it. This can be achieved using DMS and the above mentioned function module.

Path of the file to be uploaded can be retrieved using the fiel upload Ui element. Using the file upload UI element you wil get the path of the file to be upoaded. Use a button and on action of the button use the URL and upload the document and it will generate a document number.

regards,

Madhu