cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function modification issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We changed the function SD01 (Deactivate the permission FBL6N) and we found after this modification that update or regeneration of rules doens't work anymore, even if we activate again the permission FBL6N, it doesn't work !

If we upload again a backup of the matrix and we regenerate the rules it works fine again but if we deactivate againe a permission, the issue comes back.

In the log the error message is:

WARNING: *** Job Exception: Cannot assign NULL to host variable 1. setNull() can only be used if the corresponding column is nullable. The statement is "INSERT INTO "VIRSA_CC_RTMAP" ("ROOTELEM","AUTHKEY") VALUES (?,?)".

com.virsa.cc.rulearchitect.dao.DAOException: Cannot assign NULL to host variable 1. setNull() can only be used if the corresponding column is nullable. The statement is "INSERT INTO "VIRSA_CC_RTMAP" ("ROOTELEM","AUTHKEY") VALUES (?,?)".

If somebody faced the same issue...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you checked below SAP note:

Note 1362138 - Rule generation - null pointer exception virsa_cc_rtmap

Regards,

Surpreet

Now to check the TXT file, open them in Word and enable 'Technical View', check all the Tab's and Enter's, especially in the end of file.

Edited by: Surpreet Singh Bal on Dec 2, 2010 5:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you setup RAR for 'Logical Systems?" If so, then you need to generate the rules from the configuration tab, Rule Upload, Generate Rules. Generating rules from the Rule Architect is very inconsistant if you are using logical systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thanks a lot for your help. I will do the test now.

But I done another test last week and the result is so curious, let me explain:

I reloaded the rules in Rule Architect, it generates the rules and eveything works again fine.If in Rule Architect I try Funtions -> Search -> Function ID : SD01 -> Updates Rules, the generated job works fine.

Now if in Rule Architect I do:

Functions -> Search -> Function ID : SD01 -> change -> Save (without modification, just save)

Functions -> Search -> Function ID : SD01 -> Updates Rules, the generated job works failed ! And if I want to regenerate again, I need to load again the rules.

Very strange, is it ? If you have an idea...

Regards,

AG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I just done the test but during the rules generation the job fails with the same error:

WARNING: *** Job Exception: Cannot assign NULL to host variable 1. setNull() can only be used if the corresponding column is nullable. The statement is "INSERT INTO "VIRSA_CC_RTMAP" ("ROOTELEM","AUTHKEY") VALUES (?,?)".

com.virsa.cc.rulearchitect.dao.DAOException: Cannot assign NULL to host variable 1. setNull() can only be used if the corresponding column is nullable. The statement is "INSERT INTO "VIRSA_CC_RTMAP" ("ROOTELEM","AUTHKEY") VALUES (?,?)".

Regards,

AG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the tcodes associated with function SD01 and see if all objects are appearing in the function for all the tcdoes as they appear in backend SU24 check maintained.

We had similar error but we found that one tcode was missing objects( missing in upload file), We inserted it and it worked fine.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We got the same error, but not for deactivating the functions.

We had missed out an permission object in a tcode while uploading the rules. The upload was successful, but at the time of rule generation, it had thrown the exact error.

But if we de-activate a permission object(switching off the bulb icon) and regenerate the rule, it works fine. Check if any Object is missing in any Function. The log will tell you till which risk it was successful and in which it gave error. Then check the function and tcodes of that risk whether Objects are matching with backend system or not. Deactivation won't give you error, but any object, auth field missing will throw this error.

Let us know if you find a solution.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

have similiar error. look at [Devisen-Broker|http://www.broker-vergleich-aktuell.de]. There you will find some infos. you can also look at [www.broker-vergleichen.de|http://www.broker-vergleichen.de]. this supports you also with good detailed comparisons. in these times is very difficult to compare things with other. there are many problems. we have also [http://www.online-broker-vergleiche.de]. this is a good possibility.

Blog: if you are looking for good answering questions, there are a few other sites.