Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User based restrictions in Z report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide on following;

We have a customiized z report for dispatch from factory. We want to give access of this report to all our sales representatives, restricting the view to their particular area.

The field defined is SALES DISTRICT i.e. whenever a sales representative executes the report, by default only dispatches to those Sales District authorised to him should be visible to him.

Please help me on how we can apply such restrictions.

Our ABAper says restricts are possible only for single range & not for multiple range.For Ex: only A001 to A020 is possible

A001 to A020 & B001 to B015 is not possible.

I have tried doing so by creating different variant for each user, but variant has to be selected manually by the user. If he does not selects any variant then all the dispatches are visible, on the other hand if he selects some other variant, then dispatches to those Sales District are visible.

Is their any way to automate the variants for each user so that when the report is executed, each of the user has its variant default appearing & with no authorization to change.

Please suggest me if their is any other way possible to apply this restriction.

Thanks & Regards,

Khushal Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Khushal,

Kindly post this query in Basis / ABAP forum & you might get better relies.

As far as Authorizations for Z-program arre concerned, they are definitelty possible for multiple objects. I have seen this working at one of the clients.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define your own auth. object (Z-object) with tcode 'SU21' using district area or the field that you use to filter the representatives. After, use the object auth in the report and set it in PFCG for these users.

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create authorization object and pass it to the function 'AUTHORITY_CHECK'.

Maintain the relevant authorization object field & its values in the user's Role.

We had already implemented this and it works fine.

Take help of ABAPer & BASIS person as well.

Thanks & Regards,

Tushar