cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1- How to move the Interfaces from DEV to PROD server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have designed some Idoc scenarios in PI 7.1 (DEV) client 100 and I have done related configuration in R3/ECC (DEV) client 300. (As client 100 is linked with client 300)

Now my Basis team wants to move PI configuration to Production i.e client 200 as well as R3/ECC 900.

Please suggest procedure for this? How PI clients (100 & 200) and ECC clients (300 & 900) will link with each other

OR I need to maintain again in Production server.

Thank You,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anshul,

It is not recommended to move objects from DEV to PROD. we can move but need to be tested in QA environment.

If u would like to move then need to create the SLD components in PROD and create the destinations for the SWC in DEV.

Thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Please suggest procedure for this?

Since you are on SAP PI7.1, you can use the CTS+ transport Mechanism. There are some articles on how to transport using CTS+ which will help you understand the Transport landscape, have a look at them.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just one suggestion, Do not transport the objects directly from Dev to Production. They should be transport to QA first and then from QA to Production.

Secondly the configuration between R3 & PI (ABAP) configuration shuld be done manually. LIke SXMB_ADM settings and SLDAPICUST settings etc..