cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block particular condition type not being posted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We don't want a particular condition type ( customized & accruel ) to be posted into accounting when creating a billing. That condition type is deleted and after that this is how it works now.

1. When a billing is cretaed from a new sale order ( which does not have that condition type ) it works fine.

2. When a billing is created from a sale order which refers to the old sale order which in turn has this condition type, then this conditon type is posted into accounting.

Can some one help in this issue so that I want to block this condition type being get posted in accounting. Is there any Userexit or can it be done with other options. I am an ABAPer, please give specific answer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your best approach should be updating the pricing condition on the sales order before creating billing document. Follow IVANO RAIMONDI advice is the best approach in my opinion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i would also accept with IVANO RAIMONDI approach.

I just have few questions. as you are saying that before you had a condition type and now you are not having it.

I am sure you didnt remove the conditon type from the pricing procedure.

So its already there in some old sales orders

As Raimondi mentioned do a reprice or update pricing for this condition and get the invoice created later.

INow it should fall under your new order category which wont have any prob.

Or if the condition is there with value '0', try to delete the condition line in the sales order. and then create the invoice.

hope this helps.

Chaitu....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Perhaps you could leave it in, but make the condition type statistical. Do not assign it in CO-PA though or reset in PA to nil.

Kind regards

Dawn

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can run VA05 and perform new pricing for old sales orders. So the deleted condition should desappear from old sales orders and don't affect anymore the billing.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to post ctype in some senario and for not others probably u can use requirement routines and restrict ctype as per ur requirement...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Asign some dummy account to this condition type so even if it posts, it will go to a dummy account and wont be debited against the customer.

Regards,

Shantanu

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think it is possible. You cannot decide to post a condition type only during some scenarios and not to be posted in some other scenarios. If you want the condition type not to be posted at all, you can just mark the condition type as Statistical in the pricing procedure, you dont need to write any code for that.

If you want the condition type to be posted in some situations, and not to be posted in other situations it is not possible. The only thing u can do is to post it to a different GL account for the second case where youwant the c.type not to be posted. You can treat this GL account as Junk GL account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you fro your reply. The condition type does not exist now. For all the new orders created there is no issue. But if the order is created referring to the old order which has this condition type then it is posted into accounting. Even that accounting does not exists. The client does not want this condition type to be posted into accounting even though the account does not exists. They want this condition type to be blocked before the billing goes to accounting.

Please let me know if there are other options as well.

former_member1190345
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

The reason why we do account determination is that we would want the system to post the respective amounts to respective G/L accounts automatically. What amounts to be posted to what G/L accounts is decided by the Account keys .

Now if for a particular condition type in the pricing procedure if you remove Account key the system will not post to the G/L accounts. But generally in this case I believe while creating the Bill system will throw an error in account determination.

For that what you can do is create completely new accont key and assign a provisional G/L account which is not to be included in your Balance Sheet accounts or P & L accounts (can be restriscted by FI Guys).

But remember to use a completely new oricing proicedure for this case.

Hope this helps.....

J Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use a different pricing procedure with out the condition type that you do not want to post to accounting for your billing document type

Take the help of the functional people