cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server xxx did not accept login request as admin on port 50018

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I installed the patch with SP 15 for the NetWeaver Developer Studio. Now I can't deploy my web dynpros.

I have already looked for a solution here and in the sap support portal and found some hints. I did following:

1. restarted SDM

2. changed the HOSTS file like described in sap notes 783965.

But it did not solved my problem. I still can't deploy.

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Marita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marita,

Go to the command prompt and type the following command,

<b>telnet <server ip address> <port number></b>

If it doesn't connects, that means either <b>1.</b> You doesn't have the access rights to that port number in that server or <b>2.</b>Your SDM server is down.

As you said the SDM sever is restarted, i think the problem is due to access rights. Please talk to your admin team in that case.

Best regards,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I can ping the server and telnet-command replies successfull (the prompt appears).

The SDM server already runs. I restarted it in order to be sure that nobody is logged into.

What can I do as next?

Kind regards

Marita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marita,

Then probly you should check out the login credentials with the admin team, or rather use the administrator login credentials. Else refer to the following thread,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru

PS: Reward points for helpfull replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I'm using the administrator login data. The deployment worked before updating the NW Developer Studio to SP 15.

I have already checked the setting under Window->Preferences->SAP J2EE Engine in the updated NWDS:

<b>Mesage Host: my_server

Message Port: my_port</b>

I also checked the settings in the HOSTS file:

<b>my_server my_server.domain.com</b>

I have also tried with the IP of the server. I got the same error message after deployment.

Any other ideas what can I do?

Kind Regards

Marita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following solution.

1.Go to Visual Admin --> Services --> Security Provider --> Authentication --> service.naming.

2.Select NO for the <b>authentication template</b>.

3.Remove the <b>CreateTicketLoginModule</b>. (This login module can be used only by Web applications.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

the deployment works well from the other workstations. It looks like it is no problem with access rights but with any missing configuration on my workstation...

Kind regards

Marita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the exact error message:

<i>Deployment exception : Server XXX did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server XXX at port 50018: No route to host: connect

Inner exception was :

Server XXX did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server XXX at port 50018: No route to host: connect</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marita,

In that case, try the following one by one,

1. Check the version of the NWDS that other workstations have. Reinstall it to be rather more sure.

2. Check the HOSTS file with the other workstations.

3. Read carefully

Best regards,

Guru.

<b>PS: Reward points for replies.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I have already done all what you described in 1. and 2. Sad to say but it didn't help.

The thread of your item 3 refers to NWDS04s. I am still using NetWeaver 04.

Thanks for answering.

Kind Regards

Marita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marita,

Probably a silly question. Is there any chance that your m/c has two network cards?

I'll tell you why I ask you this question. If I connect my PDA (Exec XDA) by USB to the computer, the system creates another network interface to it. So as long as you have two network cards (one physical and another dynamic)in such manner, I had the same problem.

So make sure you've no external media devices (capable of networking) connected to your m/c (otherwords, if you have ActiveSync installed, make sure its not running).

"Probably" this could help.

Regards,

Rajit Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marita,

Try the following link,

I want your problem solved one way or the other.

Regards,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 941150 should solve this. I had the same problem some time ago when deploying via VPN from my home office, my OSS message lead to that note.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rajit,

that was a very helpfull hint!!!

I scrutinized my network connectivity. The problem was that I had two LAN connections activated. I deactivated one of them AND it works!

Thank you very much!

Marita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marita,

Thats nice to know. If you always have two interface cards plugged into the system(unlike my case where it appears only when i connect the device) and IDE should work correctly, you've to do IP Routing on your system.

Your network guys should be able to help in that regard.

Regards,

Rajit Srinivas

If you find a way around, please keep me posted. Thanks.

Message was edited by: Rajit Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marita

SAP Note 941150 will surely solve your problem.

CLose NWDS then

Copy the SDMClient.jar from NWDS SP17 or SP18 to the local folder of your NWDS <ecipse_home>\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.sdm.api\lib directory and restart NWDS.

Regards

Ananda.