Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS - Quick winning Question....

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

We are reviewing TDMS

We have one quick question ....

After 4 years of Journey & age of landscpae, becuase of SPDD & SPAU was not handled incidentally during "different" patch upgrades. and we assume there is slight inconsistency of " Repository objects" " Dictionary Objects"...

We want to acheive In short

We want to build a Development System which should be in synch of " Repository objects" " Dictionary Objects"... with out any master & application data with TDMS ?

Can we acheive this or not ...

TDMS provides all other luxuries, but we could get a straight confirmation as requirement as above.

Pl Help

Regards

PR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriniwas

If you are asking this question to make a buying decision about TDMS then i would suggest that you get in touch with your SAP customer engagement manager (account manager) and ask him to present you all the capabilities and functionalities of TDMS.

Current version of TDMS offer multiple options and functionalities which may be useful for you.

Now regarding the query that you have asked -

If I understood you correctly you are looking for a functionality using which you want to create a development system which is a copy of your production system such that only repository gets copied over from production to the development system and all the client dependent application data is filtered. In the end you will have your development system which is in perfect sync as far as repository and DDIC is concerned.

The above can certainly be achieved using the TDMS Shell process within TDMS. TDMS Shell is also used as a process to prepare your receiver system for TDMS data transfer.

I hope this info helps

Pankaj.

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Pankaj & Rui...

Thank U very much for Ur quick reply.

In SDN ..I was jut checking the following WIKI

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TDMS/TestDataMigration+Server

Under Facts

-

The transfer is limited to the tables containing customizing and master and transaction data.

--- But some SHELL Which U R referring allows to build , But TDMS limiation to copy Z programs, variants can not be copied

How to deliver a THIN DEV SYSTEM IN SYNCH IN ALLL with our "Z" programs.

Rgds

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

TDMS shell process will copy the entire repository including Z programs.

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Pankaj

Thanks U Verymuch.

A last & Final Quastion, In General , A Gerenral Project Implementation time is what, Including Blueprint,,,,,Go LIve....Rgds..PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

That depends on various factors, including the scope of the project, hardware of your system in the landscape, DB configurations etc.

But generally speaking for a vanilla TDMS implementation, you should be able to do it within a month.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, if I understand your requirement correctly you can achieve it using TDMS Shell Creation.