cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/virsa/vfatbak and the report it generates

Former Member

The /virsa/vfatbak report runs regularly. The controllers are telling me that they used to receive a detailed log report in their email, but they've stopped receiving this report. When I go into firefighter and look at the log, there is sufficient detail, and yet the email to the controller only shows that someone logged into their firefighter ID.

I looked and didn't find any setting that was misconfigured/not configured. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, what is the purpose for /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK?

And for /VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_REPORT?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first one create the log file, and the second one is to email them out, in case you have not set the immediate notification to YES.

Former Member
0 Kudos

UPDATE

-

While trying to get this report to send emails as I need it to, I found that my /virsa/zvfatbak began to cancel spontaneously. So now, every hour, a bunch of emails get sent out by DDIC saying that the job has failed.

On further investigation, I found the following short dump:

Runtime Errors TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

Date and Time 08.09.2010 15:49:42

Short dump has not been completely stored (too big)

Short text

No more storage space available for extending an internal table.

What happened?

You attempted to extend an internal table, but the required space was

not available.

I found a note numbered 1039144, but that is in regard to this job never terminating. Clearly, this job is now running out of space, as can be inferred from this error.

I had BASIS run this job on a different app server, and it finished, and then it continued to run successfully for an additional 4 hours, after which it began to fail.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is memory allocation isue. Search on SDN and you will find many replies - e.g .one thread-

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sabita,

I can let you know that in our system just /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK is being scheduled.

Furthermore, reports are sent out to controllers by email.

¿?¿

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be my understanding is wrong. In our system both are scheduled and the reports are running fine.

These two parameter values need to be set in Firefighter configuration-

Send Log Report Execution

Send Log Report Notification Immediately

You must also set the controller's Usage Flag Information field in the Controllers table to Email or Workflow.

Also in config guide, it is written that -

To receive log email messages, ensure that you run the /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK report before you submit the /VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_REPORT.

If the report is being sent with only one job then may be some parameter values are missing or changed.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sabita,

Is it also mandatory to scheduled such job? We are just scheduling /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK.

What is the purpose for such job?

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imanol,

Both reports are required.

/VIRSA/ZVFATBAK collects the log while another job /VIRSA/ZVFATLOG_REPORT sends the report.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

THere is one more job which runs for log report - /VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_REPORT

Check if it is running or not.

Regards,

Sabita