cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Forecast KF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i would like to make changes to the forecast(released from DP) in SNP planning book and create the master production plan based on the changed forecast..

so can i get the forecast to the 9AAFCST(forecast(addl)) KF first, make changes to it and copy the same to the 9ADFCST..for further planning in SNP..

is this the correct way of doing..can i release the forecast to 9AAFCST first of all..pls answer..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming you are releasing forecast from DP to SNP keyfigure 9ADFCST, you can have a data view where this keyfigure is made editable. Then you can go to Change mode and make changes to the Forecast released from DP in SNP. This gets reflected in Total Demand keyfigure by Stock Balance default macro execution which is used in SNP Heuristic run.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, i agree with what you have said. but, i want to have the forecast be released to 9AAFCST, then make changes to the forecast values init and copy the final values to the 9ADFCST for further planning..with this i not only avoid errors by directly changing in 9ADFCST but also i will not disturb the stock balance and other macros..with 9ADFCST in it.

what impact would it have by releasing the forecast to 9AAFCST...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you insist on changing the forecast in SNP? You can do that in DP.

1. Define a new KF in DP.

2. TSCOPY from the Original DP release KF to the new DP key figure.

3. Change the values in the new DP KF.

4. Release to SNP to Forecast key figure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

i made the change to the KF as you had explained and when i try to put the forecast data into the KF or change the KF value its giving an error message " requirement strategy not found" how to rectify this..

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Requirement Strategy maintained for the Location-Product combination.

The error you are getting is related to the Requirement Strategy in Master Data.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

The strategy is specified for the product in the material master. but still have this error, further in the APO product settings the requirement strategy is specified..any other areas i should check for the same..

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I replicated the solution mentioned and faced no requirement strategy error. Are u still having the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Your solution suffice, it works fine now. i have also awarded the full points to you.

Thanks & Best Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can release the forecast to 9AAFCST key figure. The requeirement strategy of your location product master determines the category of the SNP forecast key figure (FA or FC). So you have to change your requirements strategy.

The other way of dealing with this issue is to make changes in the stock balance macro - total demand calculation. Include the forecast addl key figure in your calculation. But this is possible only if you have a custom planning area since you cannot make changes to the standard planning area macros.

Thanks

Saradha