cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Layout cannot be displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am a beginner using Web Dynpro technic and I would like to know if there is a configuration need to be made to Internet Explorer or in SE80 to display the layout correctly?

For example, I created a text element in a view and in the Layout Tab the Web Browser always tells me that "This program cannot display the webpage"

Is there a special parameter to set up to enable Internet Explorer to display the Web Dynpro Layout? I cannot really find documentation on the subject actually.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Sylvain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As pradeep said , you probably did not make an entry in hosts file.

Just add an entry with the IP and host name of SAP system into host file and try.

You can find the host file in "C:\SYSROOT\system32\drivers\etc" .FYI.

Aditya.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I post this every once in a while, but everyone should be aware that having to make an entry in your hosts file is NOT normal. I know a lot of people post that as solution, but if you are having to make an entry in hosts file to resolve the URL of your ABAP AS then something is wrong with your network configuration. Your basis administrators should work with your network administrators to get a proper DNS entry setup for your ABAP system. Surely you don't expect that all end users accessing you WDA applications will have manual entries in their hosts file.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. Actually I do not need to set any Proxy in the connection properties. Actually the Proxy Server checkbox is unticked.

I believe though that it could have something to do with the Host file definition. Can you tell me where I can find it?

Thanks,

Sylvain

Former Member
0 Kudos

GO to Internet properties>>Conections>>Lan Settings--->Advance and make the proper entries there.

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you maintained you host file correctly. Means you have mentioned the IP of you serverin host file in windows.

Please also check from browser if there is any firewall seeting needs to be done.

Thanks

Pradeep