cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting document will not generate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

When I try to to release the billing document to accounting ( VF02)am getting the below error message

G/L account xxxxxx is not defined in chart of accounts 1000

Message no. F5507

Diagnosis

The general master data of the G/L account xxxxxxx is not maintained in the chart of accounts 1000.

System Response

Error.

Procedure

Please correct your entry or create the master record.

This problem I am facing in production.

Now I tried the same scenario in other servers and am not getting any error. And in production and other servers G/L account ( that is recon account) is already defined in chart of accounts 1000, entries are already present in tables SKA1/SKB1. And that recon account is already assigned to customer( XD03).

And in account determination same G/L ( other than recon account) is assigned to combination od sales area and setting for this G/L is same in all the servers.

So what could be the possible cause of error?

Any pointers

Regards

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please update the forum with the solution for your issue.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved by changing the recon account in customer master and saving it. then trying to release and billing document got released to accounting.

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pls check whether you have correctly followed the steps involved in the revenue acc. det.procedure.

if every thing is correct then only u will get the accounting document.If everything is correct sometimes u may require to release the document to accounting.Pls try.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reply,

We are not using any leading/trailing zero in any customer master, and already recon account is assigned to customer master.

And could you expalin how to make changeable/non changeable the filed recon account in customer master. The recon account is mandatory in my case and we are are filling the appropraite value in that filed.

Regards

Ashu

Edited by: ashutosh p on Sep 6, 2010 10:03 AM

Edited by: ashutosh p on Sep 6, 2010 12:02 PM

Any pointers.

Edited by: ashutosh p on Sep 6, 2010 4:39 PM

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In billing document VF02 --> Maintain account assignment --> Select reqd. revenue account,

Save billing document.Now check accounting document.

If problem not solved,click account determination,check any other g/l acct is missing for condition types.

Pl check g/l account is maintained for rounding off condition type,it may also block acct document creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeyakanthan

Thanks for your reply,

I don't have access of VF02 in production but I can check that in Vf03 as well, and when I checked in VF03> Environment>Acct. deter. analysis-->Revenue account, I found that am getting exact details ( G/L is determined from account determination type) of G/L account for KOFK what is maintained in VKOA and nothing is missing.

Actually error am getting for recon account ( assigned to customer) and that recon account is assigned to cutomer so why am getting that error. ( G/L account xxxx ( recon account) is not defined in chart of accounts xxxx.

And how to check if g/l account is maintained for rounding off condition type,it may also block acct document creation ?

Regards

Ashu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) First ensure that in OB62, Chart of Accounts is assigned to your company code

2) Next check in OBD4 for the combination of Chart of Account and Account Group, you have assigned the G/L Account

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram and Lakshmi,

Thanks for your reply,

In FS00/FS01 control data if that account has been maintained as a reconcilation account for the account type "CustomerS".and recon accoont is assigned to customer ( in company code data).

Already assignments has been maintained in OB62 and OBD4.

Assignments is correct in VKOA as well.

Actually problem I am facing is for one particular customers. For other customers I am using same account ( recon and VKOA account) and am not getting any error.

Have created same customer ( using same data) in development but here I am not getting any error and billing doc is posted to accounting successfully.

Regards

Ashu

alex_zheng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

As a possible cause of this error, there might be some inconsistency in table

KNB1/VF_DEBI/SKA1/SKB1

Please check the account field in these table to see if they all have the leading zero

before the account number.

If the leading zero is missing, please try XD02 with the customer master then save without

changing anything. In case it does not work, you have to set the field KNB1-AKONT

changeable, resinsert it and save. Then reset KNB1-AKONT to not changeable.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Check transaction FS00, for G/l account and company code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

G/L account is already created in production.

Edited by: ashutosh p on Sep 3, 2010 2:49 PM

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asutosh,

Go to transaction "FS01" and see in the control data if that account has been maintained as a reconcilation account for the account type "CustomerS" . kINDLY PLEASE LET ME KNOW If you need any more information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla