cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Workprocess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Background jobs are not running in our SAP system.

I have seen in SM51, observed that some reports or programs are running at any time. Even no user logged in 800 client some reports are running.

These are the 3 BTC Wps

Type Status Program Client User

1. BGD Running BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER 800 DDIC

2. BGD Running RPODDELVRY 800 GRAUENHORST

3. BGD Running RSWUWFML2 800 DDIC

I don't how user GRAUENHORST was created. Is this default user?

All these 3 Wps are engaged so i was not able to schedule any background jobs.

Can anyone plzzzz tell me the solution.

Thanks in advance

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

GRAUENHORST is not a standard SAP user. Please confirm in your workplace with all your users if someone else have schedule this report.

BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER is used to transfer Purchase Requisition to SCM system. RSWUWFML2 is used to send work items to OUTLOOK.

Please check SM37 and check which jobs are running.

Also if nothing important you find oyut , then restart the BGD WP in SM50 .

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Shobhit garg

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2. BGD Running RPODDELVRY 800 GRAUENHORST

report RPODDELVRY for sending notifications of goods receipts, cancellations of goods receipt notifications, and return deliveries

I presume user GRAUENHORST was the owner of the job (even if it doesn't exist anymore), probably the steps of the job have a different user, otherwise the report will be cancelled.

Check SM37 for jobs from that user

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got the same problem but not solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please go to SU01 and find out the details of user GRAUENHORST.

If you need to schedule immediate job you can increase BGD workprocess by going to RZ10 -> rdisp/wp_no_btc -> change this to value.

Thanks,

Shobhit garg

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you need to schedule immediate job you can increase BGD workprocess by going to RZ10 -> rdisp/wp_no_btc -> change this to value.

That will required downtime to restart the system, if you require immediate additional background processes you should use Operation Modes to swicth some dialog processes to background.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

I have tried by increasing the BGD work process from 3 to 5. Before increasing BGD process all the three workprocess are engaged with reports/programs, after increasing WPs...all the five workprocesses are engaged. Its strange.

Thanks in advance

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since this is an IDES system it comes with some data within client 800 which includes users. Might be some jobs are scheduled with these users. if you feel this job are not required for you then I would suggest you to first kill all the jobs/programs which are occupying the background process from OS level or SM50. Then from SM37 select the scheduled & Released status jobs and from them delete which all you do not require.

This way you can remove unwanted jobs which are occupying the bckground process.

Regards,

sharath

Edited by: sharath Babu on Sep 7, 2010 12:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat

Thanks for your response, i can kill the background jobs but i don't known why these are running and occupying all the workprocess.

Thanks in advance

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably as I said above since this is an IDES system and jobs might have been scheduled periodically. If say you are having three background work process and three jobs have started and occupied the process. If these three are taking long time to complete than the required and in the meantime if they are any jobs scheduled to run and at that time and if background process are not available they will go to have delay time and will go to Ready mode and will be waiting for background process to be free. So, when any background process is freedup then next job will occupy and same way till all jobs are completed.

So, better kill all the background process now and see if there are any jobs with Ready status and if they are not required to run then kill them also. Also, as said above delete the unnecessary jobs which are not required.

Hope you understood.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath

Thanks for your valuble suggestions, i understood i will get back to you if i have any doubts.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for all tha contributors

Best Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath

The back ground workprocess are allocating automatically even i kill them.

Waiting Yes 1 0:07 9 BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER 800 DDIC

Waiting Yes 1 0:39 RSWUWFML2 800 DDIC

RPODDELVRY 800 GRAUENHORST

Can anyone please help me. Is there any other solution other than killling them.

Thanks in advance

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

As already said above if jobs are in Ready state and if you are killing one job then automatically that ready job will occupy that background process. So, I would suggest you to delete those jobs if you dont need them.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Sarath,

I deleted the jobs using SM37 but still the BTC wps are full.

Thanks in advance

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

If you try using SM37 to look for all jobs with "Released" and "Ready" statuses, you may find that there are a lot of jobs queued up waiting to run (when a background process becomes free). You may need to cancel some of these too.

Regards.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

As said above you need to select those jobs with status Released, scheduled or Ready and then delete them. If job status is Ready then I guess you cannot delete them in that status. You have to change that status to scheduled and then delete.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi juan,

am beginner of sap basis.i have a confusion about background work process topic...will you please help me for this topic.

thanks for advance.

manikanta p