We have a smartform with the following structure in the MAIN window:

- LOOP

-

TEMPLATE

-

TEMPLATE

-

TABLE

Our problem occurs when the content of the table is too big to be written in one page. When the end of the page is reached, the last line of the table that should be printed in this page is wrong: the box and shading of the line are printed, but not the data (texts). These texts are printed at the bottom of the following page.

Please suggest us how to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

I hope you are not getting any problems with the two templates that you are using. So in the Main area of table you are displaying the data, which grows into many pages till it displays the last data. Actually I am not getting your question correctly, so I am not able to understand the real problem. Try the below steps and let me know in case of any concerns,

We can do page protection functionality inside table of main window using Folders option. Follow the below steps,

1. Assume rows are created inside table in a main window, with corresponding line types.

2. Create a folder named PROTECT inside table, for example in Main area of table.

3. Just drag and drop your Row(s) into folder PROTECT and simply click page protection check box of the folder PROTECT.

4. This will help you to add the required functionality using Folders option in smartform.

At the same time check, whether the internal table that you use is having the required data or not. if you still face any other problem kindly reply to this post.

Cheers....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is in the last line of the page. I'll try to explain it by an example.

Imagine a report with 9 records. 6 records should be printed in the first page and 3 in the second page.

P1-L1-F1 means Page 1, Line 1, Field 1

PAGE 1

-

P1-L1-F1 | P1-L1-F2 | P1-L1-F3 | P1-L1-F4 -
P1-L2-F1 | P1-L2-F2 | P1-L2-F3 | P1-L2-F4 -
P1-L3-F1 | P1-L3-F2 | P1-L3-F3 | P1-L3-F4 -
P1-L4-F1 | P1-L4-F2 | P1-L4-F3 | P1-L4-F4 -
P1-L5-F1 | P1-L5-F2 | P1-L5-F3 | P1-L5-F4 -
P1-L6-F1 | P1-L6-F2 | P1-L6-F3 | P1-L6-F4 -

PAGE 2

-

P2-L1-F1 | P2-L1-F2 | P2-L1-F3 | P2-L1-F4 -
P2-L2-F1 | P2-L2-F2 | P2-L2-F3 | P2-L2-F4 -
P2-L3-F1 | P2-L3-F2 | P2-L3-F3 | P2-L3-F4 -
P1-L6-F1 P1-L6-F2 P1-L6-F3 P1-L6-F4

As you can see, the border of the 6th line of the first page are printed, but data don`t. These data are printed in the bottom of the second page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this way:

In table node, you can see table painter.

Click on button DETAILS, then check on No page break option for table line that you print item.

good luck,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The option No page break has worked!!

Thank you very much Thien M. Pham and everybody.

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue. I tried as you suggested but still its not working. any other idea.

thanks

Harshal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to click on Footer in table node, you will see subscreen PRINT TIME -> uncheck at Page Break. (this will not print table footer line when page breaks).

regards,

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here are the options.

Make a folder and keep the two template + table and check the checbox Page protection in Output options.

Try adjusting the window size along with this fix.

Hope it will help.

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

NabheetMadan, the option "Page Protecion" is uneditable, so we can`t change it.

Thien M. Pham, the problem is with a line of the Main Area, our table has not Footer. Anyway we have changed it, but it hasn´t worked.