cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME - force email domain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi UME gurus,

Having a request from a customer, when the user have to reset the password from portal, an email is sent to him.. I would like to change the email domain before sending the email if this one correspond to some requierement. Actually the email domain address has change from "my-company.com" to "company.com".

It means we should avoid that users enter the previous domain by forcing it to the new one.

Do you know if such configuration is doable in UME ? Is there any kind of solution for this ?

Thank you

Hadrien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hadrien

The above answer should be correct, please refer to this link if you are not familar with editing UME properties.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/0b/50ad3e1d1edc61e10000000a114084/content.htm

And check the current setting for "ume.notification.mail_host" which should be "xxx.my-company.com" or an IP address.

Please try to change this to "xxx.company.com", and restart the system check whether it can work as you expect.

Sometimes as far as I experience, you will have to set the parameter to the IP address, in this case, please help to check with your network admin and the SMTP server's settings.

Thanks and best regards,

Thunder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, this is possible with the email notification in UME. You can maintain an administrator user ID and the email domain for such notifications so that the requests/requirements will be send to that particuloar ID.

The following [SAP Help Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/41/080aab7cefe34d8acb04861a467efc/content.htm] would give u more clarity on this.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the important thing here is the SMTP server which is used for the e-mail notification. The SMTP server must accept emails and send emails to all the domains you are going to use.

The SMTP server is maintained with parameter ume.notification.mail_host.

Regards,

Désiré