Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Web Dynpro Application to a Web service

odysseas_spyroglou
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to connect a Web Dynpro application to a SOAP Web service.

I have downloaded the WDSL code and save it to a file in my hard disk.

I used the create model wizard (Import adaptive web service model) and created a model in my Web Dynpro application.

I have connected the component controller with the model and the view of the application to the controller.

All content node elements that have created automatically in the model, have in cardinality property the value 0..1.

I created input elements in the view but they are gray and not available (disabled).

The read only properity of the input elements has the value "false".

I tried to initiate the input element by putting the following code in wdDoInit() but with no luck.

wdContext.nodeRequest_ProcessTransaction().nodeProcessTransaction().nodeTransactionRequest().nodeHeader().nodeMerchantInfo().currentMerchantInfoElement().setAcquirerID("xxxx");

Can someone help with this?

Thanks in Advanced.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After importing the model, you need to create the instance for the model. Instantiate the Request object and then set the input parameters. Then you have to call the execute function, then the model will be executed and you will get the data.

Also instead of putting the code which you have wriiten in init, you can use:

wdContext.nodeMerchantInfo().currentMerchantInfoElement().setAcquirerID("xxxx");

You can directly access the node, no need to traverse the whole hierarchy.

Regards,

Manoj

odysseas_spyroglou
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I need to send data to the web service so I need the input fields to type the data that I want to send before executing the model.

The problem is that I can't use the input fields because they are disabled.

What do you mean by saying

"create the instance for the model. Instantiate the Request object"

thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create value node and value attributes, node with cardinality 1..1. Bind the attributes to your inputFields. Now whatever you enter in the inputFields will be available in these value attributes. While executing model set the model attributes from these value attributes and execute the model.

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are bery basic questions that you should be able to resolve going through the basic tutorials.

There is required understanding and knowledge you need to acquire - which you can gather from the documentation available here.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/WelcometoWebDynproJava!