cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Legacy Application want to interact with Application-B and Application-C, to get the currency Conversion.

App-B and App-C says they exposed the functions as Web service.

Now how should I interact with App-B and App-c from my application Using XI as a middleman.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many ways to do this. If the Legacy System is able to send a SOAP message then the Legacy System itself can communicate to the App-B and App-C. But you need XI as a middleman then you can try with HTTP-to-SOAP with Synchronous message, the result can be obtained in the response.

Thanks,

Prakash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI can consume the web services exposed by app B and C using the SOAP adapter.You need to figure out how your application will talk to XI e.g. file interface. So this would typically be a

File -> XI -> SOAP(Web Service) in case your app talks to XI using file interface.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

The firsty question that needs to be addresses is,

1. How will the legacy Application interact with XI? Is it going to place file with the currncy for which conversion is needed along with in which currecny it is needed and so on. Or is it a JMS message etc?

Once you determine hopw the legacy application is going to deal with XI, all you will have to do is , configure the adapter to pull data from the legacy system and then invoke a Receiver SOAP adapter to use the corresponding webservice.

Now, how will you send the Webservice response back and where are you going to send the response? if you are sending it back to a file, you need a BPM and so on.

Also, how will you determine which Webservice to be invoked. You can do a conditional reciver determination on the basis of the input file , determine which Webservice and so on.

All depends on the entire business process.

Regards,

Bhavesh