Using Separate Queue for different interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

i have different kind of interfaces in my project like

1)idoc to file .....

2) JMS to JDBC

3) SOAP to ABAP proxy..

I came to know we can use separate Queue for every separate interface ,how is that possible .. ?

what is the solution if incase messages get stuck in the queue.. ?

Thanks

Souz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

additional to the information about queue priorization take in mind that PI internally assisg one queue for one interface. i mean

INTERFACE A = 100 messages -->PI will assisng one queue for all this messages. but once all the messages were proccesed next time another queue will be assisned

INTERFACE B = 500 messages -->PI will assisng one queue for all this messages. but once all the messages were proccesed next time another queue will be assigned

So,in case the queue get stuck only will be message for a particular interface, the other wont be affected.

now if you need to assign an specific queue for some interfaces the go fo queue priorization,

For automatically reprocess locked queue try this: /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

it will attemp some times to unlock the blocked queue. but if not possible, you will have todo it manually

Rodrigo P-.

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Sep 3, 2010 2:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I came to know we can use separate Queue for every separate interface ,how is that possible .. ?

In theory, yes you can create as many queues as the number of interfaces. But, technically it's not worth. You should separate the high-priority or high-volume interfaces for individual queues.

what is the solution if incase messages get stuck in the queue.. ?

In this case, rest of the messages for that interface coming behind will be stuck in the queue. Once you clear up the queue (either deleting or re-starting, depending on the scenario), rest of the messages will be sent to the target. This blockage won't affect other queues.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can use it....but do you really have a reason for using it....like priortization is required...or just because the functionality is available?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this for queue Priortization:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/59e837d3-0201-0010-c096-dc1869733...

In case the messges gets stucked in queues..u can release(unlock) those message (also try to find out proper reason for the error). You can also have a automatic resetting of the stucked messages, schedule the report RSQIWKEX. Plz have a look:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Thanks

Amit