Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Idoc Flat File Conversion in JMS adapter

former_member1275317
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi frnds,

We have scenario where we are sending Idoc to MQ system (Idoc-JMS). Ultimately we need place Idoc Falt structure file in MQ queues.So we have followed

/people/william.li/blog/2009/04/01/how-to-use-user-module-for-conversion-of-idoc-messages-between-flat-and-xml-formats blog for the conversion and everything is fine. But the MQ queue is only accepting 1064 bytes for each line in file. the module we have deployed was not able to produce 1064 bytes for each line in file. This means we need some padding with spaces on every line.

Finally we decided to for ABAP mapping which is available in SDN wiki pages for Idoc Flat file conversion. This would need some code change in order to make sure that every line contains 1064 bytes.

In parallel we are developing the java module to produce file with 1064 bytes

Now we are in bit confusion about whether to use ABAP mapp or to deploy Java Module..for the best strategy

Is ABAP mapping recommended for PI 7.1 if so how would be the Perfomannce ?

is there any work around other than implementing the Java Module ?

Please give some suggestions on this.

Regards,

Deep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are some limitation about size (at least in my project) and that means a certain amount of data can be passed via MQ at a time.

But It looks weird when you say you have to pad some zeros to make the size as 1064 bytes. Certainly there is something wrong check with MQ team.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented about a dozen JMS (MQ Series) interfaces on my current project and never come across this issue.....

whether they have come from iDocs or from other files.

is this a restriction on the JMS side? which system are you connecting too?