cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Know about the difference while installing SAP System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir/Madam,

I am not very experienced in SAP Field. i am getting training of SAP BASIS. Sorry to ask these type of questions but these questions always confuse me alot. So i come to this conclusion that question is small or tuff it does not matter i should ask it if i am getting problem.

In Our BASIS Job we have alot of servers to install like (XI Server, BI, NSP, CRM, Auto ID Ifrastructure, etc.....)But when i see the installation process it is same for all. Means we download the latest Netweaver with ABAP/ABAP+JAVA with different Database (MAXDB,Oracle,MySQL,MS SQL Server) on Different Plateform (AIX, HP-UX,SAP DB,LINUX,SOLARIS,SAP DB, Windows Server) and we apply some patches also to upgrade our SAP System.

1) My First Question is how to get the full details of installables which we have to use while installation of a perticular SAP System(XI Server, BI, NSP, CRM, Auto ID Ifrastructure, etc)??

2)which platform(AIX, HP-UX,SAP DB,LINUX,SOLARIS,SAP DB, Windows Server) we should use and what database will preferred for a perticular System??

3)How we can differentiate these different system when installation is almost same??

i dint get the exact information from Google or SDN also. so i am sending this thread.

I am waiting for all yours Valuable suggestions that will help to remove small but big confusions.

Thanks and Regards

Uttam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable comments,

Best Regards,

Uttam Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) My First Question is how to get the full details of installables which we have to use while installation of a perticular SAP System(XI Server, BI, NSP, CRM, Auto ID Ifrastructure, etc)??

- For all diffrent component installation you will get Master guide from where you get all required details

2)which platform(AIX, HP-UX,SAP DB,LINUX,SOLARIS,SAP DB, Windows Server) we should use and what database will preferred for a perticular System??

- There is no preference from SAP side. But you can check OS or DB is supproting or not from Product Availability Matrix, below URL

https://service.sap.com/pam (You new oss id to access this site)

3)How we can differentiate these different system when installation is almost same??

- These are diffrent SAP application component (ECC, SCM, NW etc) or usage type (BI, PI etc..) But for all application platform is WAS ABAP or JAVA. In all cases you are basically installing WAS ABAP/WAS JAVA as base application platform, so installation process are almost same.