cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Modification Rule: Field- Max Duration issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have query related to dynamic modification rule, field: Max Duration.

The scenario is as follows:

I have to check first received lot and then after I have to skip two subsequent received lot.

I have defined stage 10 for Check and Stage 20 to skip for 2 lots in stage 20 I have not defined "Max Duration" value, system is automatically taking it as 0.

Will this "Max Duration" value will impact on "Skipping" as in one of testing I observed, with above mentioned settings I have done "Usage Decision" for check lot then immediately received next lot the status of that was "Skip" then I have done UD for this lot by delay of TWO days then for next received lot instead of "SKIP" it went in "Check" stage again.

Can any one help in understanding setting for "Max Duration" field value. Also suggest if this duration is in Hr or Day?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will this "Max Duration" value will impact on "Skipping" as in one of testing I observed, with above mentioned settings I have done "Usage Decision" for check lot then immediately received next lot the status of that was "Skip" then I have done UD for this lot by delay of TWO days then for next received lot instead of "SKIP" it went in "Check" stage again.

First of all when you do not specify the Max Duration in definition of DMR then it will have value "0",Which means it will never comes into play.

Now coming to your problem as you have mentioned DMR level changes at "Usage Decision" ,only after Usage decision made for the "Prior" created lot's Quality level will change.

It seems that you have taken UD of the Skipped lot & next lot appears in QI instead of skip.

This generally happens in case when you actually:->

1.Create one more lot before taking UD of the first skipped Lot.

2.You reject the UD.

3.You have done error in stage defining

4.last is ,You have created lot with different vendor.

These can be the maximum possibilities.

I hope this will add some value

Sujit S Gujar