Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language of the Output Type in Invoice

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

While printing Invoices, we go to VF02 - Header - Output & enter Output Type.

As soon as we enter Output type in Invoice & press enter, system determines the Partner Function (BP) & Language.

Now my problem is with Language. This Language in Invoice is picked from Customer Master - General data - Language feild under Communications tab.

The scenario is that I need to print Invoice in different Language & the client is not willing to change the Language key in General data (because it has other implications). Instead the client is ready to enter the Output Type & Language in Documents Tab in Sales Area Data. But in this case even if we maintain Language in Document Tab in Sales Area data, while creating Invoice the system picks language from General data.

Thus my question is while entering Output details in Invoice, how to pick Language from Document Tab in Sales Area Data in Customer Master & not from Language feild in General Data in Customer Master.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better you maintain the language in VV31.

You can maintain different condition record with different language.

Regards,

Mullairaja

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sinanbozok & Mallairaja,

I am aware of Output configurations & VV31 settings...

The case here is that a single Output Type is to be printed in Different Language. We have developed Langauge specific SAPscripts forthis purpose.

As a single Output type is to be printed in multiple Languages I cannot set Langauge in VV31 & NACE. Also there are large number of Customers involved. So it is not prefereable for maintain seperate condition record for each Customer.

I once again repeat my Question - while entering Output details in Invoice, how to pick Language from Document Tab in Sales Area Data in Customer Master & not from Language feild in General Data in Customer Master.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh Mehta,

Did you maintain text determination procedure for customer and doc?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Output definition, you deactivate the check box ACCESS SEQUENCE TO CONDITION.

Then automatically the system will determine the output and records from the customer master Document tab

Hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

I tried removing the tick-mark in the ACCESS SEQUENCE TO CONDITION check box, but it does not work.

Anyways thanks for the help..

Regards,

Jignesh Mehta

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SPRO, in the output determination for billing document, are the required languages added in Mail title and Text for the outupt condition type? Is the SAP system/print program Unicode comptable?

On a second thought, is the sales org (or sales area) maintained in the access sequence of the output type? I think if the sales organization of the output type matches with customer master sales org details, then it should work.

Regards,

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes friends,

Whatever you have suggested is maintianed...

The system is taking Language from Custoomer master, but it is taking from General Data.

I want the system to pick the Language from Document Tab in Sales Area Data...

Someone who has faced this issue in past please share the thoughts...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh Mehta,

Please checks the customer sales and distribution text determination customizing from VOTXN t-code. check the whether text procedure is maintained and assigned or not for sales note.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh Mehta,

You should go to NACE t-code for output configurations. Select V3 application to change your billing configs. you should check your output condition records for billing specific output type. You can change your language there and maintain language needed.

I hope this will work on your issue.

Regards,