cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization check in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have two different types of users. Based on authorization check I should take them to respective view. Basically, I have 5 views, for type A users, I should take them from 1 thru 5 views. for type B users, I should them from 3 thru 5. Please let me know how can I achieve this with necessary code/screen shots. (should I create 2 authorization objects).

Thanks,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can also achieve this by adding a parameter to your URL for example the Actor parameter and catach the URL paramenter in handle default of the window and process your logic based on the actor value.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

It is better to create 2 component configuration (each has different views or fields) which are used in 2 application created for one component. For each user group you can assign them an application with corresponding configuration. By doing so you can make your application secured at application level and don't have to write the logic for "type of user".

Thanks!

Duy

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I'm going to put my pseudo-moderator hat on for a moment, please bear with me, but the quality of this forum and that include the questions as well as the answers is important to me.

Have you searched the forum for prior posts?

I have seen some very similar questions answered before - perhaps you could have a look and if these are not enough to help you could you let us know what it is that these prior posts do not answer for you.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to distinguish between the user's A and B??

More clearly , Suppose a person logs on , are you able to distinguish whether he is 'A-type' or 'B-type' user??

Cheers,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I'm able to distinguish.