Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unix/AIX permission directories

baby_fabrice
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I would like to know if there is a doc somewhere where is explain/show the permissions for doing an SAP installation.

In the Installation Guide i have see the step for making user/group but nothing of the permission.

Regards

Edited by: BABY Fabrice on Sep 3, 2010 12:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baby_fabrice
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and thx for your help.

for exemple i know before the installation the /oracle folder have to set with : dba:orasid

the sapdata1 dba:orasid.... but i wanted to knwo if there is an offcial doc about this subject.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Unix, As it is recommended to start the installtaion with root or Pseudo Root , it is advisable not to set the permissions as it will set the permissions accordingly as required. Even no need to change Oracle directory permissions also.

Root will have full access to the file systems so it will adjust as per the installtion steps.

Thanks,

Jagadish

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have see the step for making user/group but nothing of the permission.

You don't need to change the permissions, the installation will handle that. What I recommend though is a standard set of UID's and GID's across the landscape, this will make life easy when setting up NFS mounts for transports, profiles etc

Nelis

baby_fabrice
Participant
0 Kudos

But at the begening we have to put the good right on the files system for exemple :

/usr/sap sapsys sidadm ( with chmod )

/oracle dba:orasid

All the good definition for the start.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The default directory permissions should be fine although I'm not too familiar with Oracle to be honest.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to correct one..

/usr/sap sapsys sidadm ( with chmod )

/oracle dba:orasid

It should be

/usr/sap <sid>adm:sapsys (755)
and
/oracle ora<sid>:dba (755)

SAP installer itself will modify permissions on the above directory.

But in the beginning above permission should be ok ...

This is all mentioned in Installation Guide...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede