Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Job not Printing TOs immediately

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am having an issue with printing Transfer Orders created by background job, the output requests are sent to the output controller with status '-' . It works when I manually create the TOs or if I run the RLAUTA10 program with my userID in SE38 .

I have set the background job user default print parameters in SU3 to print immediately.

Also in the Job step, I have set up the print parameters to 'print immediately'

I have assigned printer for sorce storage type & set the indicator to use the source sto type in OMLV, The printer seems to be determined correctly, I've checked the Spool request name & printer in the spool controller, only issue seems to be the print not being triggered immediately.

Not sure, if there is some other setting that I have to make to be able to print the TOs created by the background job immediately.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kris T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Not answered..

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

I figured the issue by running a Authorization trace on the Background user, it's missing Auth to O/P device, works fine after it's added in the user role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

whether the printer which you assigned is configured in SAP (network printer)? or LOCL?

printing may not happen if LOCL(background job)

Thanks

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

The printer assigned is a network printer defined in SAP and not LOCL, the network printer is determined correctly, I can see it in the print parameters in output spool.

Thanks

Kris T